• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Braumeister 50L v1 circa 2013 - in USA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crhall41

Reaction score
Okay this may be a long shot trying to sell my BM50 on AHB given I am located on the Salish Sea/Georgia Basin region of North America (i.e., Seattle WA USA). I do not think anyone outside North America (and possibly just in the USA) would be interested given the outrageous international shipping costs so I am hoping to find a buyer closer to home who happens to use the AHB website.

Here are the particulars: I bought this brand new in 2013 and it has at most seen 20 brew sessions in the last 3 and 1/2 years so it has not seen much action (I know - sad :( ). It comes with the insulated jacket, a copper hood, both the large and short malt pipes, plus an extension cord. This is the v1 so you can't program it or view the status of the session on your cell phone or tablet, but then why brew if you don't want to be right there taking part in the brew day? I just replaced the temperature sensor. I as well have modified the large malt pipe to brew higher gravity 5 gallon beers (up to 7.8 kg or 17 lbs of grain). So if you want to brew 50L/10g batches you would need to purchase a new large malt pipe.

I am looking to get $1500 where the buyer would cover shipping costs as well. I am willing to negotiate price depending on the shipping costs. Payment would need to be made via PayPal prior to being shipped. I will do my best to make sure it is boxed secure and tight (double boxed with lots of packing material).

Photos BM50-6.JPGBM50-5.JPGBM50-4.JPGBM50-3.JPGBM50-2.JPGBM50-1.JPG

Cheers, Chris

And you could get away without buying a new malt pipe just some silicone bungs would suffice, eBay may be the way to go with their International shipping probably cost around $60 at a guess. If its negotiable I would be working in Aud. :)

If it runs on 110v might be an issue selling to 240v countries

Mardoo - yes $1500 USD. And Coalminer is correct that it is 240v. Thank you WE&L I will look into selling it on EBay [emoji482]

Okay the BM is now on eBay. Would love to sell it to an Aussie given the large BM community in this country. I have not checked the international shipping rate but hopefully it is not too pricey[emoji482]

crhall41 said:
Okay the BM is now on eBay. Would love to sell it to an Aussie given the large BM community in this country. I have not checked the international shipping rate but hopefully it is not too pricey
I cannot get an international shipping rate on ebay below $1600 usd to Australia (or any other country outside N America for that matter) so I had to limit the sale to the US and Canada. Sorry guys! If anyone has any bright ideas on how to set up the shipping on ebay to get a lower rate let me know and I will give it a try. FYI I estimated the package weight at 60lbs/27kg and the dimensions as 32in/82cm x 24in/61cm x 24in/61cm (I expect this is too small given I would have to fit in two malt pipes plus the lid and hood).

Unless you could unload the extra malt pipe and the hood locally, that rate sounds terribly expensive Fedex would beat that. But I am sure you should be able to secure a sale over there.

Latest posts

Back