• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS ADL - *NEW* Genuine German Biergarten Furniture

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking pretty nice.
However, I am wondering what makes these "German"?

Probably the fact that they're present in about every German restaurant/pub/festival that serves outdoor.

Pretty sure i have seen these on a website, cant remember name of it, i was trying to find it again the other day. They were definitely cheaper then 450

Florian said:
Probably the fact that they're present in about every German restaurant/pub/festival that serves outdoor.
...and evrey other country I have visited, too...

Okay, found this on the link Doon posted

Definition and Historie of Bavarian Beer Table:

A beer table set is a wooden indoor / outdoor dining set which contains one long table and two long benches with foldable legs.
This beer garden furniture had been developed in Germany in the 1800s when the beer garden tradition appears to have emerged in Bavaria. Beer garden usually includes trees and may have shrubs and other plants, along with seating such as benches and tables, called beer table or beer garden furniture. As temperatures begin to rise at springtime hundreds of beer table sets have been folded up at the beer gardens within a couple of hours to provide seatings for their guests. During the cold and wet season the beer table sets have been easily folded and stored.

Beer Table = foldable beer garden furniture, picnic table, outdoor / indoor dining set, foldable party furniture ..

Back