• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs 80litre Jacketed Pot In Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muscovy_333

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have an 80 litre jacketed pot for sale.

Need to make room for an up and coming home reno and unfortunately it has to go.
I bought it for $100 12 months ago with plans to build a single footprint braumeister type set-up.

I have drilled a 1/2 inch hole for a ball valve fitting but thats about as far as i got.

It is Chinese made, picked it up on e-bay. It has a 1 inch built in jacket (you can see it through the hole i cut) and i calculate it to be ~80 litres.

The lid has clips and it seals tight on a rubber seal.

I have included photos of it next to my 50litre mashtun for scale.

$70 and its yours pick up in Mornington Peninsula (45 min South of Melb)

DSC04342__800x600_.jpg

DSC04343__800x600_.jpg

DSC04344__800x600_.jpg

DSC04346__800x600_.jpg

Looks insulated not jacketed.

I would be grabbing that if it was half the size, but too big for my needs.

If anyone is interested in this and you live in country Victoria I may be able to help out with free freight depending on where you live.

Muscovy will compensate me with beer. :icon_cheers:

Can you add some extra specs, height, inside diameter, outside diameter, height of the hole drilled (looks too high for me, but.....).

Also, do you have the plug from the hole you drilled? I'd like to know if the inside insulation is fireproof.

Finally, can it get to Melb CBD to be picked up/paid for?

I'll take it if there's no one before me.

Can you add some extra specs, height, inside diameter, outside diameter, height of the hole drilled (looks too high for me, but.....). What diameter is the hole 1/2"?

Also, do you have the plug from the hole you drilled? I'd like to know if the inside insulation is fireproof.

Finally, can it get to Melb CBD to be picked up/paid for?

I will get onto the dimensions tonight.
It is a very dense polystyrene looking insulation and I doubt it is fireproof (but i really dont know).

The hole is 1/2 " drilled with a step drill and is around 50mm from the bottom, but again i will confirm tonight. (It appears higher in the photos as the base of the pot has a lip on the bottom to raise it off the ground.

The pot itself is the 'bones' for an electric urn without all of the components, or at least that was my understanding and reason for buying it originally.

Could probably get it to Melb if I had to but not sure when.

just picked up, thanks it going to be a great MLT, and thinks for the beer, sorry I didn't bring any.

The only issue with the beer was it kept telling me to open it on the drive back to work, fortunately I resisted but will give them ago tonight :)

Back