• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS - 6x Rheem/Mytton Rodd Kegs - NSW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jomojomo

Reaction score
Hi all - I picked up some of these kegs on gumtree recently without realising they don't take standard QD connectors.

From my reading on the kegs they're absolutely bulletproof and the #1 choice for homebrewers due to their reliability. The kegs all have good seals and have been holding steady pressure for the last 2 months (since I bought them).

I'm not looking to make a profit on these kegs - you can have all 6 for $350 (I paid $400 which included a regulator too).

I'm located near Maitland NSW in 2321, but happy to discuss suitable pick-up locations. Note: I'll also be driving up to Ipswich in December so that might suit a potential buyer.

Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/NXgW7dh6zeXQyyc83

Also interested in swapping for standard corny kegs to suit my system

They're the ones I'm already running - discovered the fun way that the OD is different than a normal pinlock.

I found this thread with some steps on how to make the connectors fit - but I'd rather just have a 'natural' setup without modification on the connectors - https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/how-to-fit-standard-qds-to-mytton-rod-keg-posts.74859/

Are those posts threaded (can you screw them out)? Or are they welded on?

eggsellent. What thread size is that?

...$60 to convert though (each). Ouch.

about 1 inch bop i think

eggsellent. What thread size is that?

...$60 to convert though (each). Ouch.

Exactly the issue I'm facing - I'd rather just get some new cornys without the headache.

Got a couple of brews in the fermenting fridge ready for kegging and just finished building my keezer - so need to sort this ASAP!

Just to confirm; yes - they are indeed the screw type posts.

That's not bad really, if you can bother with waiting a week or so to get the bits ...

Thanks for the suggestion - I've ordered some parts and we'll see how we go - if no progress then I'll try my luck here, but otherwise for now I'll call these kegs off the market :)

Edit: Also don't forget to purchase both gas and liquid posts (they are different).

Cool good luck. Just double check those thread sizes.

Thanks very much for your help/suggestions mate.

Ended up using some 1/2" BSP -> 1/4" BSP adapters paired with the 1/4" gas/liquid posts from kegking and a bit of teflon tape on the lot. Working perfectly on the kegs!

Latest posts

Back