• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS, 44 gallon drums x 2, stainless, SE Melbs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaky

Beer God
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have two stainless steel 44 gallon drums for sale. They don't have lids but you could get some stainless steel discs laser cut for this.

They are a little bit scratched up on the outside. The insides aren't too bad but could probably do with a polish.

$150 each.

Pick-up is from Frankston North, Vic.

The images below only show one drum but they are both the same.

Drum 1.jpg

Drum 2.jpg

are they suitable for brewing - as in are there residual chemicals of any description?

if all good would you take $250 for both?

droid said:
are they suitable for brewing - as in are there residual chemicals of any description?

Are you thinking what I am, B1?
I think I am, B2.
Upsizing!

droid said:

There is very little that'll reside after a hot caustic bath, followed up with an acid bath.

droid said:

The original owner said they were used to store syrup for the food industry. There doesn't appear to be any chemical residue and there's no chemical smell to them. I reckon they'd be fine for brewing. I'd take $280 for both.

Both sold! ...to the man with the new brew system project using 200L vessels..

Both made it back north side safe and sound, Cheers peaky :beer:
res

Back