• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs 40l Mash Tun-Wanneroo Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samward

Reaction score
Hi,

As I am in the process of upgrading my brewing equipment, I thought I would start selling some of the old gear.

First up is my converted esky mash tun.

Its a 40L esky that has had the drain removed and been fitted with a stainless steel bulkhead fitting and braid, and has a brass tap and hose barb. It is very new (due to my old one catastrophically failing). It also has wheels if you find that you are moving a full mash tun often :)

Some pics below.

IMG_0825_800.jpg
IMG_0822_800.jpg
IMG_0823_800.jpg

I'm looking for $100 (or make me an offer).

Cheers
Sam

location might help. Also you need to add the location in the title so people can tell where it is. As you will not post anything like this I am guessing

Always manage to forgot something.... :)

The item in in Wanneroo Perth. And pick-up is highly preferred as I suspect postage on this would just be silly.

Crap i just made one on thursday. Plus i in tapping.
Havent done a brew with it yet

seems to be the way when I made mine one came up few weeks later. I was going to give mine away for a 6 pack but no one wanted it. Lucky as I can make use for it now :D can pump out a double one my rig and use it to do a single and when the HLT is empty use that as a boiler :p last week I done a APA (42lts) and a pils (21lts) and from filling the HLT with cold water to having all the gear draining after cleaning was a little over 4.5 hrs (would been 4.5 but the hop cones kept getting stuck in the pick up of my HLT). Mind you I got 2 burners so I could heat both mash at once and boil both kettles at once. Also the included a decoction on the pils while I was fly sparging the double lol man that was hard work running around.

So maybe think about selling your stuff???

seems to be the way when I made mine one came up few weeks later. I was going to give mine away for a 6 pack but no one wanted it. Lucky as I can make use for it now :D can pump out a double one my rig and use it to do a single and when the HLT is empty use that as a boiler :p last week I done a APA (42lts) and a pils (21lts) and from filling the HLT with cold water to having all the gear draining after cleaning was a little over 4.5 hrs (would been 4.5 but the hop cones kept getting stuck in the pick up of my HLT). Mind you I got 2 burners so I could heat both mash at once and boil both kettles at once. Also the included a decoction on the pils while I was fly sparging the double lol man that was hard work running around.

So maybe think about selling your stuff???
I'm not sure who your comment was aimed at, but if it was me.....

I need to sell the gear to finance the new gear. Plus the boss wants to reclaim some of the space. But I am only going from an adhoc 20L system, to something more structured that can turn out 40L if I want to (so not that big a size increase). But I believe it will be perfectly capable of doing 20L batches (assuming the design in my head works).

No one interested??? If you think the price is too steep, make me an offer.....

Hello Samward,
I am interested but forgive me I am a real newbie at AG, I have just started BIAB of sorts and just starting to get some gear together.
So my question, is this for mash and that's it, from here I would poor it into the kettle? How would you sparge.

lol I know I am going to look back at my questions in years to come and have a good laugh so forgive my newbie questions.

All the best
Mark T

No one interested??? If you think the price is too steep, make me an offer.....

Hello Samward,
I am interested but forgive me I am a real newbie at AG, I have just started BIAB of sorts and just starting to get some gear together.
So my question, is this for mash and that's it, from here I would poor it into the kettle? How would you sparge.

lol I know I am going to look back at my questions in years to come and have a good laugh so forgive my newbie questions.

All the best
Mark T

Hi Mark,

No problems with asking questions.

Yes I would just suggest using it for the mash only (not really sure what else you could use it for). You pour the strike water (water heated to the temp you want to mash at, plus a couple more deg C) into the esky. You then add your grain to that and stir it up. Then close the lid and wait your 60 minutes (or however long you are mashing for).

As for sparging, I used to just batch sparge. So you drain the wort out of the esky into your boil kettle, and add additional hot water back into the esky (with the grain). Give it a mix and let it settle for bit, and then drain that out into your boil kettle.

From there, its the same. Boil, add hops, ferment, drink :)

(I am paraphrasing here. So let me know if you need specifics on a step).

Cheers
Sam

Back