• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 3x Ss Dough Bowls/boilers, 3phase Dual E-burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iralosavic

Reaction score
Thought I'd put these items up for sale here before ebay as it'd be nice to see them put to good use (making beer).

My brother is a baker at Coles and managed to get the manager to sell us off some equipment they were replacing. As how much I'm asking - well just make an offer, if that's ok, as I have no idea what this stuff is/could be worth and I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I was going to auction it off for that reason.

2x Medium and 1x large food grade stainless steel mixing bowls. I put a long neck in front for size reference. I would guess 30-40L for the smaller ones and 70-80L for the larger one. The conical bottom is great for gas burner efficiency, but may require a stand to be fashioned

IMG_0362.jpg

There are some dents in all three and the centre at the bottom of the large one has the most notable imperfection.

IMG_0363.jpg

They are all quite thick-walled, but the larger one is very rigid and has handles on the sides. They are commercial quality and are quite heavy.

IMG_0364.jpg

3-phase Garland dual electric burner with power control. Not sure on the actual wattage, but the manager said that they were used at half power to bring 20-50L of sauce to the boil and that it was really fast and that he believed it could still boil the crap out of twice as much water if the power was turned up.

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Item are stored in Central Gippsland, Victoria, (90mins east of Melb) but if a potential buyer were patient enough to wait I could meet them in Melbourne when I had the opportunity.

Cheers

I'm in Melbourne this Sunday if anyone is interested in a more local pick-up.

Man, wish I had three phase in my brewery, that hotplate would make a great kettle boiler!

Man, wish I had three phase in my brewery, that hotplate would make a great kettle boiler!

I wonder if you can convert the plug or if the appliance is built to suit 3 phase? I don't understand electricity (obviously).

The only con with the burner is that to fit two pots simultaneously, they'd both have to be quite narrow in diameter.

Are they FREE.??? I did not see a price..
PJ

"As how much I'm asking - well just make an offer, if that's ok, as I have no idea what this stuff is/could be worth and I'm not trying to rip anyone off. I was going to auction it off for that reason."

Unfortunately not PJ...

Sponge

Well I'd like to make my money back to spend on my own brewing endeavors - that's about it. It was an impulse buy as the window of opportunity was slim.

Would it make it easier if I did a 99c auction on eBay and linked you to it so you can decide what you want to offer that way?

Would it make it easier if I did a 99c auction on eBay and linked you to it so you can decide what you want to offer that way?

I think that would be a good idea, AHB is not an auction site, ebay is.

batz

How stable are they? The base on all three doesn't seem to be that wide.

How stable are they? The base on all three doesn't seem to be that wide.

I wouldn't want to rely on them staying upright with boiling contents in them (as the risk of burns is too great), but they balance relatively well purely due to their weight.

Back