• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 3v Rims

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusty

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I am moving on & have decided to sell my 3V Rims setup, all 50lt keggles. All with 3-piece stainless ball valves.
HLT: Complete with sight gauge, temp monitored via MashMaster controller,
Mash tun: 12" stainless false bottom, hard plumbed via copper pick up tube, beer belly liquor return dish.
Boil kettle: Whirlpool inlet installed 1/3 the way up of the kettle with 3-piece ball balve.
Silicone heavy duty hoses with stainless camlocks throughout.
1.5" Rims tube, with 2400watt element controlled via PID, ramp, soak,kiln + 40A SSR & heat sink. Installed on it's own stand, portable.
March 809 pump with 3-piece stainless ball valve.
Pot belly black stand with 4 x 100kg rated castors, 2 x 23jet Mongolian burners, hard plumbed to stand via 1/2" copper tube, work done by gas fitter. 400mj/hr regulator to run the burners. Electrical control box that houses the HLT controller, PID controller with 4 x illuminated switches for on/off control of controllers, PID element & March pump.
Barley crusher grain mill + extra bits & pieces.
PM or call 0417468947 for detailed pics or further info. I will set the system up & do a short video on Wednesday & post on the forum.
Asking for $1200.00 firm. ( That's a bargain ) :icon_cheers:

thats a good deal will you split anything or rather it go as a unit?

If I didn't have pretty much the same set up all ready, I'd buy it right now.
Great deal for one lucky brewer.
Got a new rig Crusty? Or stopping?

If I didn't have pretty much the same set up all ready, I'd buy it right now.
Great deal for one lucky brewer.
Got a new rig Crusty? Or stopping?

Heading in a different direction mate. If I decide to get back into it at a later stage, I might look at a Braumeister, simply for the convenience.
It's a great Rig, 88% efficiency on my last brew.

Great set up. Sweet all in one deal for somebody.

Apologies for the quality of the video as it was taken tonight on my iPhone.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
If I didn't have a bm I would be buying this. Snap it up people it's a bargain

Yea if I hadn't have just purchased everything to make essentially the same setup as what you're selling, I would probably have jumped on board.

May not have had the DIY satisfaction, but for that price it wouldve been worth it :super:

Sponge

bewdiful system and it's a bargain, good luck

Here's the first Brew with the Rims, an American Pale Ale, 4.4%. Poured at a nice & frosty 4deg.
Cheers guys.

IMG_0844-1.jpg

absolute bargin. even im a herms man, if i was starting out or looking to upgrade the price would be enough to convince me to go rims and buy this.

God that is a sexy brewery! If only I wasn't supposed to be saving for a wedding I would snap this up! And to think it is a third of the price of her dress!

ps... I feel stupid as it took me two thirds of the video to get the link between the song and brewing! :huh:

Apologies for the quality of the video as it was taken tonight on my iPhone.

Cheers

I can't load your link on utube. Got a description so I can search for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
now if no one buys that they are stupid. that is a bloody nice setup and if you think you can build it under $1200 your dreaming. I know most of us started home brewing to make cheap beer and to buy something like this seems alot. But if your going AG and thinking of a system to maintain temps then you will be spending this or more. I know you say I will go ghetto and use voile or buckets but come on! in 2 years do you see yourself with buckets or a rig like this that you will be going ****! I could of had all that for $1200 and now I dont want to add up what I have and have been threw to get there as it will be over double that!

Bloody nice rig wish mine will look like that one day and I have spent over $1200 to get where I am and its got nothing on that prob be another $1200 to get me where I want to go.

If I didn't have a bm I would be buying this. Snap it up people it's a bargain

Would you drive a ute up north to pick it up?

I don't have a spare $1200 but still looked up Yamba on a map of NSW. If this setup were closer I would be in serious trouble!

^ +1. I looked it up, but probably too far from me... Otherwise i'd be all over it. I'm going to guess that sending it over would cost way too much...

Bloody long drive from SA to northern NSW though...

wow!
aren't i spewing the from diff in the car just went so that would have been my $1200
or maybe i should ride the pushy? (i only broke a wrist last time i was on it)

damm damm damm

oh well its a good deal to whoever wants it.

wow!
aren't i spewing the from diff in the car just went so that would have been my $1200
or maybe i should ride the pushy? (i only broke a wrist last time i was on it)

damm damm damm

oh well its a good deal to whoever wants it.

How did you break a wrist ON the bike, surely it happened when you fell off it!

Apologies for being off topic...

That looks like a great system - shame I dont have any room for it.

Latest posts

Back