• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs: 300l Wine Barrels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

praxis178

Reaction score
Ok, so would there be any interest in some 300L wine barrels? I have access to 3 (might be one more, don't know yet) that are about to be retired from service as wine barrels.

These would make great bar supports or could, with a bit of work, be cleaned and reused if you make that sort of volume of vino at home. They are French oak and only 4 years since a complete rebuild (pulled down to staves, shaved and re-assembled), two have had Shiraz in them and the other Cabernet Sauvignon.

If there is some interest I'll find out what the asking price is.

Oh yeah for the bad news, they are on the Sunshine Coast.....

Ok, so would there be any interest in some 300L wine barrels? I have access to 3 (might be one more, don't know yet) that are about to be retired from service as wine barrels.

These would make great bar supports or could, with a bit of work, be cleaned and reused if you make that sort of volume of vino at home. They are French oak and only 4 years since a complete rebuild (pulled down to staves, shaved and re-assembled), two have had Shiraz in them and the other Cabernet Sauvignon.

Interested, can you check price and PM please.

Screwy

How coincidental.........for the last few days I have had this picture going through my mind of a bar I would like to build which just happens to use one barrel on each end of the bar as a support. I might not be ready for these yet.......but I would be interested to know how much? :party:

I'll ask about them in the morning, as the owner is going to be helping me brew up a RIS tomorrow.

I'm keen as well

Batz

OK he's asking $125 each, but that's delivered anywhere on the Sunshine Coast (approx 30km radius of Nambour).

If your further afield then it's somewhat negotiable, but pick up will have to be arranged or some sort of delivery deal deal can be worked out.

OK he's asking $125 each, but that's delivered anywhere on the Sunshine Coast (approx 30km radius of Nambour).

If your further afield then it's somewhat negotiable, but pick up will have to be arranged or some sort of delivery deal deal can be worked out.

I'll take two Thomas and if Screwys after a couple they can all be delivered to the same place. We'll work out the collection from there.

Cheers
Batz

All three gone, the maybe forth is also spoken for, and probably will be ready for delivery in ~2weeks.

Thanks gents for helping to make a retiring winemaker a bit happier.

Oh yeah if anyone needs the stands (2 x two barrel stackables) they will also be available, or he might give a call to some of the bigger wineries to see if they need some extra stands cheap.

All three gone, the maybe forth is also spoken for, and probably will be ready for delivery in ~2weeks.

Thanks gents for helping to make a retiring winemaker a bit happier.

Oh yeah if anyone needs the stands (2 x two barrel stackables) they will also be available, or he might give a call to some of the bigger wineries to see if they need some extra stands cheap.

Cheers Thomas :beerbang:

Batz

Thanks for dropping off the kegs Thomas.
I'm going to fix this slab to it and varnish the keg and then 'Liquid Glass' the slab. It should make a nice table/bar, leaning place out on the deck. I will have watch out for some more bar stools now.

barrel.jpg

Batz

Good stuff Batz. Hoping to do the same when I get a used barrel or two from the swan valley. Keep us posted (with pics) on the progress. Where did you get the slab from? Is it a single piece as the pic looks like there's a join in the middle.

Cheers
-cdbrown

Hi I am really interested in the wine barrels can you ring me on 54476131 or I can ring you if you give me your number.

Cheers Karen

I wonder how much Karen charges .... to talk about wine barrels ?

Screwy,

Organise your freight and could most likely find some for around $30 -$40 each. :D

BYB

BYB can you still get these barrels if freight is organised? Are they ok to brew in? How big are they?
Cheers paulie :beer:

Latest posts

Back