• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fs 3 Keg System In Fridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Hello fellow AHBers,

I will be moving interstate in around 3 months' time, and have to get rid of my kegging system (which I won't get a chance to use before I go, as I'm struggling to brew with a newborn and 3 other monsters).

So I'm putting up my year old kegging system. All parts came from craftbrewer except the splitter and all parts are John Guest or top of the line.

It's housed inside a fridge which fits 3 kegs, and a gas bottle, has room for a shelf to lay down the odd bottle and a freezer for your hops.

Contents:

2.6kg gas bottle keg king - a year old - almost full
3 x 19L cornies - ball lock in good condition (in fact the best condition I've seen)
2 x sets of QD John Guest and I have a pack of cheapies if you want a replacement
2 x curly hosed picnic faucets (excellent pour)
NRV, line, splitter for two kegs (and I think I've got 2 more splitters as well unfitted, and brand new)
Micromatic dual guage reg.

All this cost me a mint a year ago. It's all ready to go. If I get what I ask, I'll throw in the leftover hops I have imported from America to sweeten the deal (these brewed Bronze medal beers a couple of months ago, so all fine).

Asking $450. PM if interested.

Goomba

Bargain, don't think you'll have trouble with selling.

Wow, that's a really good deal. That won't take long to sell at that price!

As much as I've always wanted to move to MEL, we're going to Tas. Been in BNE for over 10 years and think the kids would benefit from a change of pace. Not likely to stay permanently as I want them to have opportunities that only big cities provide, so whilst they are still young they can enjoy some nature.

Goomba

which state Raja?

Don't sell store it you will need it in the future. Thanks for your contribution
to the board if you are out of time cheers

As much as I've always wanted to move to MEL, we're going to Tas.

:lol: will be a rude awakening come Winter is my bet ;)

North or South? Hobart is quite lovely in Summer... Launceston is a dive at all times of the year :ph34r:

Sorry to the residents ;) (My opinion only FWIW)

Looks like Devonport, based on work and stuff. Apparently Launny is one of those places where there are areas to avoid like the plague, and some places that are actually quite nice.

Winter will be a shock to the system, but since I've been working in air-con, I've become quite heat intolerant. And since I've been in Brissy, any quick access to water for a swim either costs money or takes a drive - two things I'm not used to.

It's funny - when all the Mexicans move up here, they always complain about the heat (and that things aren't as cosmopolitan as MEL) - so I'll avoid both those complaints.

On topic again - looks like it's SOLD pending payment and pickup. There are some other PMs I have, I'm getting back to you, and should the first buyer pull out, I'll offer to you in order of PM.

I feel like having a cry getting rid of this, but I know at least I can re-acquire stuff gradually, and I know what I want again.

Sorry for the no photos - I just havent' had time to photo, upload, edit, etc.

I also have my fermentation freezer up for $20 - it's a very small icecream one - fits a 30L fermenter comfortably, and has very little deadspace, so doesn't use much power (and gets wort cool very quickly). I'm keeping the STC1000 (getting a spliced one is harder to find than a freezer), but for anyone either with an STC1000 or going to buy one, it's the perfect ferm freezer.

Goomba

Bloody hell Goomba! That's a long drive for me to swap beers............................

Bloody hell Goomba! That's a long drive for me to swap beers............................

Yeah, sorry about that Rowy. My exodus isn't as politically motivated as some others, but a change is good nonetheless.

It's with a heavy heart that I get rid of my kegs though......

Best of luck mate. Hope it all goes well down there. You'll catch up with a few Taswegians no doubt to swap with. I can certainly recommend your beers!

Best of luck mate. Hope it all goes well down there. You'll catch up with a few Taswegians no doubt to swap with. I can certainly recommend your beers!

Thanks mate. I won't be brewing for a few months, whilst I get rid of my stuff (and attempt to acquire some sleep), acquire new stuff, and get brewing again. But a few swaps (or maybe some generous Taswegians willing to share some beer with me?) should be on the cards.

On another topic - if there are any either kit/extract brewers or newish AG brewers without lots of kit who want to "upgrade" (*tongue firmly planted in cheek*), my 2 pot and bucket in bucket lauter is available as well (see the linky in my sig for some crappy pics). If not, I'll chuck it on ebay - I reckon someone will grab it.

Goomba

around devonport and launceston there's some top micro breweries :icon_offtopic:

Sweet! Edit: let me know what they are!

I might use link to a new thread with other stuff up for grabs as it becomes available.

Update: Freezer and Keg system sold pending payment, the rest (including a pack of 3711 dated late september) is up for grabs. There is a couple packets of dried yeast I'll throw in for free for anyone taking the 3711.

Goomba

all the best Goomba.

Seven sheds brewery wont be far away from where you are, Kentish Ale is very nice.

And if you like Wine Ghost Rock is a top little vineyard, Pinot (while a bit ritzy) is superb!

Back