• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: 100L SS keg - Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairy Maclary

Reaction score
Good for converting into a MT or HLT. Not able to be pressurised as it has been decommissioned.

$200

1453624840424.jpg

1453624853544.jpg

How was it decomissioned? Most of the decom ones I see have a hole punched in the top, but I can't see that on yours.

MartinOC said:
Also, looks VERY small for 100L.....
Yep, I don't think that's 100lt.

Looks like one of the old 18 gallon kegs. Could be wrong but it doesn't look like 100lts to me either.
I wouldn't mind it for a boiler but I think $200.00 is kinda shooting for the stars. Not trying to derail your sale mate but I think you might have more chance of winning lotto than offloading that keg for that price.

It's not an old 18'er (80Litre). Probably more like 40-50 litre.

Work on a price of $1/litre capacity, & you MAY get a sale......MAYBE......

What are the measurements? Height of actual vessel without the collar and circumference between the ribs?

It is definitely a 100L keg. Please see specifications in photo attached.

I've also attached a photo of the mark that was engraved into the bottom of the keg when decommissioned.

Specifications.jpg

Decom.jpg

That engraving is just a burst disc, all new kegs have them as a weak point in case they are over pressurised.

Are you sure this thing has been holed, and no longer holds pressure, damn shame cause it would make an excellent pressure fermenter.

MastersBrewery said:
Are you sure this thing has been holed, and no longer holds pressure, damn shame cause it would make an excellent pressure fermenter.
I was under the assumption that the engraving was done as part of the decommission, however itmechanic is suggesting otherwise.

It has no holes drilled in it. I've previously used it as a 100L cube.

So it holds pressure? If it's a functional 100L keg that changes your sale picture greatly to your benefit.

i have two of these kegs...bought legally from a guy on here who had commercial brewery of such...( which has since burnt down and under investigation from council )
They are indeed 100 litres...
They are also pressure rated...
I turned mine into 100 ltre boiler and inverted one and made a 100 l mash tun that drains through the couple ( usuing a tri clover fitting)
I also paid about $200 each irrc....

I know this item is probably long gone - but does anybody know where to source these 100L kegs?

have messaged about 50 people on ali baba who advertise them but don't have any. Cant find any in oz.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back