Frozen Beer ;(

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rik

Reaction score
I froze my keg the other day...thinking I was turning temp up I turned it colder. The beer is now defrosted but tasts like water...any ideas on a fix..or should I tip..

How many litres are left?

I don't fancy you'll fix it. I've been known on occasion to throw some stubbies/cans etc in the freezer for a quick cool down, and then forget about them :rolleyes: I always use the defrosted beer in cooking. Make a beer and beef stew with some! Beer batter! Depending on how much you have, that could be a lot of cooking to be done.

Have fun!

How many litres are left?

I don't fancy you'll fix it. I've been known on occasion to throw some stubbies/cans etc in the freezer for a quick cool down, and then forget about them :rolleyes: I always use the defrosted beer in cooking. Make a beer and beef stew with some! Beer batter! Depending on how much you have, that could be a lot of cooking to be done.

Have fun!
[/quote
Dang, looking at half a keg of beutiful IPA...is it the fizz that has diluted the beer..?

It's possible the H2O part of the beer started to freeze and you were drinking a somewhat concentrated version of the beer for a period of time. Now you're left with a diluted version of the beer.

Back