From Scratch: A Qld Beer Week Homebrew Feature

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thescratch

Reaction score
Hello good people of the AHB world, you are hereby invited to participate in the following event! Also cheers for the good times last Saturday. Always welcome.

Scratch

To all aspiring Amber Alchemists, Mash Mechanics, Wort Wizards, Grist Gurus and Bad Ass Brewlords alike - The Scratch demands your attention!

From July 16th-22nd of this year, the great state of Queensland is being transformed into a giant fermenter, bubbling with the goodness of a thousand ales at once; a thick fog of yeastcloud blanketing all Her citizens with what shall surely be the haziest of celebratory goodwilliness and bottoms-uppery: the inaugural Queensland Beer Week.

As part of the festivities, The Scratch wishes to involve not just the established Brewmen and Brewladies that make the craft we love to pour so dearly for all to sup on, but rather, we wish to offer a chance for you - the budding backyard brewer to come up with your best concoctions, throw them into the ring and quite possibly have them featured on tap for all the adoring and good looking punters at The Scratch to enjoy.

We love meeting Brisbane's colourful and varied amateur brewers, and oft tasting their wares, so bring them on! The chosen brews will be commercially prepared by you with the gracious assistance of the good folks at Bacchus Brewing Co. in Capalaba, with a brew day where all selected entrants will attend, laying down the love, and boiling up some bombers!

Follow the link to the brief and make note of the dates for submission and brewup.

Homebrewers Brief

Any questions, please ask.

You know i'm in on this ;)

Nice one scratch :icon_cheers:

Ooooooohhh what to brew? :unsure:

If I enter the Midnight Train Malt Liquo' would Bacchus have facilities for cereal mashing large amounts of rice and maize??? :)

Edit; not out of the question, the International does a malt liquo' on tap, Geronimo at 7.5% ABV so yo Bris homeboys get yo sad asses up there an get aboard the train with the grain of the main brain who brews the famed strain of forty fury :chug:

If I enter the Midnight Train Malt Liquo' would Bacchus have facilities for cereal mashing large amounts of rice and maize??? :)

Surely you jest The man who brews an authentic Cock Ale would find some rice and maize a piece of piss.

Surely you jest The man who brews an authentic Cock Ale would find some rice and maize a piece of piss.
Believe it or not I was at the premises last year and saw Ross's cock (the microwaved one that was going into the brew that is)

Struck me as a bit small, but I'm sure it did the job B)

:icon_offtopic: curry tree is hitting its straps

Edit; not out of the question, the International does a malt liquo' on tap, Geronimo at 7.5% ABV so yo Bris homeboys get yo sad asses up there an get aboard the train with the grain of the main brain who brews the famed strain of forty fury :chug:

Yall beta quid it dorg, fore I pop a cap in yalls ass.

Great news Scratchy! The brewing thinking cap is on. 3 brews you say.

Cheers

I tend to hover for a while before clicking on any link that mentions Homebrewers Briefs. :huh:
:D

Something stupidly alcoholic, something extremely obscure and something featuring tobacco leaves should do it ;)

Also sorry about the state I was in on Saturday....

+1 I wasn't even making sense to my self on the way home <_<

Latest posts

Back