Fringante

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boots

Reaction score
As a celebration for a great grade in my exam yesterday (Vmware Certification) I was looking for a bottle of something special to celebrate, and found a bottle of Unibroue's La Fringante.

I vaguely remembered reading an article on it in BYO ages ago, and it interested me, so I ignored the $22 price tag and grabbed it.

750ml bottle with Champagne style cork
10% Belgian Style (the bottle says Belg. Golden Ale, the website says Tripel). Yeast in bottle.
Little to no information on the bottle

Pours into the glass very lively. Very high carbonation (but not out of control) with very fine little bubbles, and a beautiful firm, pristine white head that hung around for the whole beer. Coulour is light gold, and very clear.

Aroma: Really nice belgian estery yeasty aromas, I couldn't detect any hop aroma (but my sense of smell is pretty poor)

Taste: Great ! :) I thought it had a really delicate light malt profile, which played second fiddle to the Yeast's contributions. The yeast flavours were equal part Belgian yeast flavours, and Champagne flavours. Quite complex but well balanced between the three main flavours. The kind of beer to sit back and savour slowly.

A top beer, and well worth trying if you can get past the price. Mrs Boots (who is slowly developing a really good appreciation for good ales) was really impressed but at 14 months pregnant ;) couldn't go further than a small sample (shame I had to drink it all hey).

I got mine from the Royal Oak bottle shop in O'Connell St, North Adelaide

Boots said:
Mrs Boots ... was really impressed but at 14 months pregnant ;) couldn't go further than a small sample ...

You need to get her to a vet! Sounds like she's brewing up an elephant or something...

:p

Yeh I reckon,stand clear.... its gonna blow!

But yes, Friganate, I celebrated my last years exams with the same brew, very good, I seem to remeber a slight hint of citrus, a little reminicent of some of the after flavours of a sip of Contriaeu..

Latest posts

Back