Fridgemate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbent

Reaction score
Hi, I am having problems with my fridgemate. The LED work light indicating fridge on and the flashing compressor light isn"t working. Everything else works, I can do the F0 settings. I get a temp reading and everything else but no fridge on light etc I have done a test with a bed lamp plugged into the plug out of the fridgemate and it doesn't turn on, I have checked the fridge and it's ok,I have checked the wiring and everything in my fridgemate setup and there is no loose wiring or anything. I am fermenting a lager and have had it set for 15c to 17c yet I have seen the temp up to 20c with no LED light to indicate cooling etc. As a last option I'm wondering if perhaps I have stuffed something up in the settings somehow, someway? is there a way of just cancelling all set-up and going back to a default set up or create a default set up? I'm just hoping my Fridgemate hasn't stuffed up as it has been of great assistance to me for fermenting, anyone with ideas or suggestions
Cheers & thanks
Al

You have it set to refrigeration and not heating or alarm?

Check all your setings, perhaps your tolerance level is too high and not kicking in.

Most likely Fridgemate has died or partially died, may be time for a new one.

Check all your setings, perhaps your tolerance level is too high and not kicking in.

Most likely Fridgemate has died or partially died, may be time for a new one.

Tolerance setting??? tell me more please, what is that and what settings would I need?
Fridgemate is only 2-3 yrs old by memory and has had only light to medium useage, surely they last longer than that??

thx for your help, curious on the tolerance thingy though.

Tolerance setting??? tell me more please, what is that and what settings would I need?

The manual linked by hellbent referes to this as the temperature differential. This is how far away from the set temperature it will allow it to get before kicking in.

eg. if the Temp is set at 18deg and differential is set at 2deg then it will kick in heating at 16deg and cooling at 20deg.

The manual linked by hellbent referes to this as the temperature differential. This is how far away from the set temperature it will allow it to get before kicking in.

eg. if the Temp is set at 18deg and differential is set at 2deg then it will kick in heating at 16deg and cooling at 20deg.

yep, and if temp at 18 and 'differential' set at 18 - the damn thing aint ever gonna turn on.

yep, and if temp at 18 and 'differential' set at 18 - the damn thing aint ever gonna turn on.

ok something I will check when I go out to the shed in a min or two, sounds it may be the prob.... ok fellas thanks for all your help
Cheers
Al

Back