Fridgemate Temp Probe Voltage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angus_grant

Custom Title Now Available
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

Just wondering if anyone knows what voltage is used to power the temp probe for the Fridgemates? Failing anyone being able to help, I will have to pull apart one of my controllers and test it out myself. Bit of a pain is all so hoping someone knows the answer.

Thanks,
Angus.

The STC1000 has a 12V transformer in them to run the electronics. I'd imagine the fridgemate is similar

Thanks Krusty. From the limited reading I did last night I think the way to use an NTC temp probe is get the voltage differential from start to finish and feed this info into a formula to get temperature. I'll need to do more research but I don't think it matters what voltage is used and it is more about current. I have just purchased a micro-controller and have a spare Fridgemate temp sensor and thought I'd try and use that.

I'll put a post into Matho's "Arduino" thread to see if he can help me out. I know he has hooked up some temp sensors to his Brewmiser setup.

Angus

Back