Fridgemate Probe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daznz

Reaction score
Hi
I would like to know how you fridgemate users put your probe into the fridge
did you just close the door on the cable??
Any better ideas
Daza

Any better ideas
Daza

Yeah, cable just below top hinge & close door. I figured close to the hinge would ensure seal still gets enough pressure to seal well.

Better idea would be to drill & fit grommet but sometimes i take the lazy route :p

yep, through the hinged seal near the top, here as well...

Cheers Ross.

Mine goes through the top edge, near centre pressently. There is aalso a power lead going in the open edge - a wooden stake was originally sued to force toe door closed, but now it closes just fine :)

Drilled a hole thru the side and a little bit of silastic to seal the hole. Ok if you dont want to use it elsewhere eg heater belt.

Dave

:beer:
When you pull the original thermostat out tie some stout fishing line to it. Then pull the new sensor through the same hole. No more problems simple as.
Cheers Altstart

QUOTE(Daznz @ Aug 15 2006, 01:44 AM)

Any better ideas
Daza
Yep , thru the door, closing on the seal ,as close to the bottom as possible.

Any better ideas
Daza

Wouldn't the top be better as heat rises thus not allowing any cold air to escape if there is a gap at the bottom?

frogman Posted Today, 08:41 PM
QUOTE(peter @ Aug 15 2006, 08:30 PM)

Any better ideas
Daza

Wouldn't the top be better as heat rises thus not allowing any cold air to escape if there is a gap at the bottom?
Yes it would. But at the moment i am using my fridge as a heater (steady at 18 deg.)cool in Melb.
Sorry -should have given more info.

Any better ideas
Daza

Yes it would. But at the moment i am using my fridge as a heater (steady at 18 deg.)cool in Melb.

Thanks for ya ideas guys good stuff......... i like the fishing line one good move :)

Any better ideas
Daza

I forget some people have not yet managed to escape.
Left Melbourne jusy over 12 months ago chasing better drinking weather and kick myself for not doing it sooner. :beer:

Left Melbourne jusy over 12 months ago chasing better drinking weather and kick myself for not doing it sooner. :beer:
haha... i moved down to to melb from just near byron bay 6 years ago for pretty much the same reason (well, that and uni). horses for courses i guess. having the parents up there gives me a nice cheap holiday a few times a year, without having to deal with months of 40 days :p

If you look closely at the fridge seal you will notice it looks a bit like Kim Beazley's chin - full of creases!
I've just cut a slit, approx 1 cm in length, and passed the probe through there! The cut without the probe sease just as nicely as the probe installed.

I must admit that it is a semi permenent arrangement dependant on weather/season and until I can afford a new temp controler or two...

Steve

Left Melbourne jusy over 12 months ago chasing better drinking weather and kick myself for not doing it sooner. beer.gif
haha... i moved down to to melb from just near byron bay 6 years ago for pretty much the same reason (well, that and uni). horses for courses i guess. having the parents up there gives me a nice cheap holiday a few times a year, without having to deal with months of 40 days tongue.gif

I spose you brought your stinking excuse for a game with you too. well the fad is over and we're claiming back our cricket ground!!!!

go the broncos!!

:p

I spose you brought your stinking excuse for a game with you too. well the fad is over and we're claiming back our cricket ground!!!!

go the broncos!!

Ha Ha good on ya Coodgee. :D

:beer:

I like that we can lager on the back porch in Melbourne...

Left Melbourne jusy over 12 months ago chasing better drinking weather and kick myself for not doing it sooner. beer.gif
haha... i moved down to to melb from just near byron bay 6 years ago for pretty much the same reason (well, that and uni). horses for courses i guess. having the parents up there gives me a nice cheap holiday a few times a year, without having to deal with months of 40 days tongue.gif

go the broncos!!

The Broncos are a stinking fad themselves ;)

Latest posts

Back