Fridgemate alternative.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70

Le roi est mort..
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a fridgmate, had one my freezer for years. But if I could save the faffing about of hooking another one up and just buy a plug and play unit, I'd rather.
Any suggestions for other units like this?
I plan to use it on my dedicated brew fridge so I can get into more lagers and such.

iBrew or Keg King do fully wired ones. I have two STC-1000 from iBrew, they are good but not cheap. The KK ones are new and are about $100 cheaper, haven't used one though.

I've got 2 Keg King ones. One controls my Brew Fridge and the other controls an Urn for "Sous Vide" cooking. Both doing a cracker job and worth the money for those of us that don't want to stuff around wiring a STC-1000 for ourselves.....

Ivonavich said:
I've got 2 Keg King ones. One controls my Brew Fridge and the other controls an Urn for "Sous Vide" cooking. Both doing a cracker job and worth the money for those of us that don't want to stuff around wiring a STC-1000 for ourselves.....
Which one did you get the 10 or the 16amp model? I am in need of another one and the price is right for a wired model. Does it work the fridge compressor too hard or no problems?

only 10amp for both due to the fact that they have only had to work in one of either "cooling" or "heating" elements. "Cooling" wise I have it hooked up to a 20yr old 425lt chest freezer and it works a treat. "Heating" wise it is hooked up to a 20lt urn that has to sit at 53deg for at least 4hrs at a time and once again I can't fail it

Yeah, I've got a KK one, very happy with it.

they sure do... I try to leave my wallet at home when I go there and just take the $$ for what I 'planned' I needed :D

I'm using the 16amp controller for fridge and also use it for HLT on brew days. Very happy with it.

Back