Fridge Setup: Suggestions Need

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curry

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a limited space in the garage that currently holds my old house fridge which I use to control fermentation temperature. I want to step up to kegging and us such I guess I will need 2 fridges.

Problem is the space, its a small alcove 96cm wide by 120cm deep by 194cm tall. So my solution is to stack 2 small fridges on top of one another. Using the bottom one for fermentation, ideally with a 60L fermenter if I can find a fridge that fits. Whilst the top fridge would be my keg fridge, ideally holding up to 4 19L kegs.

I am probably wishing for too much by I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or any experience in a setup like this.

Cheers

Dave

sounds like your've answered your own question, which seems to be a viable one, yet i think you will struggle to find 2 fridges that will fit nicely and be able to keep 4 cornies in?

my suggestion would be find a bar fridge to ferment in on top then have a larger keg fridge down the bottom, it will be hell having to lug the kegs up and down all the time...

if all else fails buy a new house? :p

Thanks Matt,

Good suggestion.

Anyone had experience of fitting a 60L fermenter in a mini/bar fridge? Do they fit?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Matt,

Good suggestion.

Anyone had experience of fitting a 60L fermenter in a mini/bar fridge? Do they fit?

Cheers

Dave

a kegerator fridge will fit one, but i doubt you would get one in a bar fridge

a kegerator fridge will fit one, but i doubt you would get one in a bar fridge

I have an old bar fridge which I picked up about 6 or 7 years ago for $50 which fits my 60L fermenter. Had to remove the door lining and replace with ply but fits and seals no problem.

I think the main problem is the mini freezer/ cooling bars in the freezer compartment. As you cannot remove them as they cool the fridge its very hard to fit a 60lt fermenter in. Also they all have a compressor hump so combine the 2 and you dont have much of a chance. If you can find out with not freezer then that would be the go. Doubt you will find one without a compressor hump

Back