Fridge leaking....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGibbon

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm currently brewing my first stab at a Mexican style beer, for the wife....

Anyway, the brew is in my fermenter fridge and its sitting at 12 degrees at the moment.
Trouble is, the freezer compartment in the fridge has ice forming on the bottom of it, this melts drips down and fills up the bottom of the fridge!
Anyone else have an idea how I can contain this water for draining out later, rather than it drip down over the fermenter and out of the fridge door at the front!

Thanks!

If you have room for a bowl near the drip, try to sit a rag or chux cloth where the drip starts and hang the other end in the bowl.
This should wick the water where you want it.

I had to do this on the first boat I drove. Engine room had an overhead salt water supply pipe with half a dozen holes in it - all wanting to drip on engines of course. As a "get out of trouble while at sea" measure, there were rags all over the engine room, directing water into the bilge.

Crude, but it works

I have same issue with my small fermenting fridge. I have placed a thin plastic chopping board, brand new one, over the fermenter on an angle. The lower part is over the freezer part which drips water. This directs the water to a container on the floor of the fridge.

Dan, glad you are not my skipper :)

Back