• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fridge Giveaway + Sundry Whitegoods - Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtoro

Reaction score
Hi folks. Got some whitegoods that i'm really no longer making full use of that I'd be very happy to give away if anyone wants them.

None are in perfect condition, but they're all free. I'll do my best to describe them as accurately as I can. They are for pick-up from Tennyson (near yeronga) anytime after 4pm this week. Please BYO hand trolley or labourer.

Firstly, a 410L kelvinator fridge. Upside down style. About 10 years old. Pretty good knick. Just a little bit of surface rust around the bottom edges. Works really well, very clean inside, but needs new seals. Price - $0. Picture

Second, a 225L kelvinator fridge. Upright style. Around 15 years old. Had a fair bit of surface rust, but has recently been painted in high gloss deep brown "rust kill". Comes pre-modified to fit a brumby tap and gas line through the front door very snuggly. Has served me well as a kegerator for the last few years, but has gradually started to lose it's ability to get cold in the fridge part. The freezer section still gets bloody cold though (read: well below freezing). A possible solution might be cut out some or all of the bit that divides the freezer from the fridge?? A more sensible solution might be to get it re-gassed. Anyways, if anyone wants to take a chance on a free fridge then come and get it. She holds two corneys + room for a couple of 6 packs or a yeast farm on a wire shelf, and all your hops in the freezer. Picture 2 Edit: Brumby tap not included, sorry.

Third, a Fisher and Paykel dishwasher. About 8 years old. In excellent condition. This belonged to my grandmother before she got put in a home a couple of years ago. It's been sitting in my brew shack ever since. I had every intention to get it installed but having not got round to it in over 2 years I've given up. Worked perfectly for my Gran. I have no reason to suspect it doesn't work perfectly now, but I can't guarantee it cos it hasn't been used for a couple of years. Apart from a bit of dust on the top you can see from the photo that it still looks every bit like a quality dishwasher. Spotless inside. I'm pretty sure it has all the necessary hoses and pipes to install it, but again, I can't guarantee that. Free to good home, or anyone willing to take it away promptly. Picture 3

Fourthly, a water cooler drink fountain thing. A very random thing to have at your house, but I have some very random mates. This particular contraption was requisited from a roadside council collection a few years back. My mates set it up on their deck before getting evicted. It was then passed to me in the hope that I could use it to chill wort. I've never bothered to try, but if anyone else wants to have a crack and let us all know how it went that would be great. It has all the pipes needed to connect it as a drink fountain also. Pretty average condition, but it works. Picture 4

Righto, post any questions, or PM me for the address if you want any/all of these.

Fourthly, a water cooler drink fountain thing. A very random thing to have at your house, but I have some very random mates. This particular contraption was requisited from a roadside council collection a few years back. My mates set it up on their deck before getting evicted. It was then passed to me in the hope that I could use it to chill wort. I've never bothered to try, but if anyone else wants to have a crack and let us all know how it went that would be great. It has all the pipes needed to connect it as a drink fountain also. Pretty average condition, but it works. Picture 4

Righto, post any questions, or PM me for the address if you want any/all of these.

This is the go brewers, I use one to chill the water that passes through my CCFC, great in the hot weather when the water temperture is up there.

Batz

Very generous of you, dude... Good Onya! :beerbang:

To save starting another thread, and not meaning hijack this one, if anyone from the Hunter wants an upright freezer, I have one. It's an oldish Kelvinator, and some of the shelves are fixed due to having the refrigerant running through them. But it's free and would make great hop storage or a yeast bank with a fridgemate. Oh... did I mention it's free?

PM if you're interested, first in best dressed.

why is it always the free stuff i want is never in the state that im in !!!

Sent you a PM. I'll take that 225L fridge off your hands.

Sorry mate, little fridge was taken away with the big fridge by GravityGuru this arv.

Just the drink fountain left if anyone wants it.

how much would it cost to get this cooler unit to melbourne ?

ie i want it but wont be able to come pick it up this weekend if ya know what i mean ...

Latest posts

Back