Fridge/freezer Alternative

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim H

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen one of these in a pub or home bar?

Im in London at the moment for a year or two, and came across this on ebay.co.uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=7522776258

I not sure if these things have already been discussed on here. I havent visited the forum for about 3 months as my pc broke down. I was formaly known as Poodz for those few that may remember...

Anyway, these coolers look interesting and could save a lot of space. Shipping would cost an arm and a leg though and the fact that theyre an electrical appliance for the UK, plugs, voltage etc might not be compatible...

Jim, looks like a nice fancy temprite to me.
Basically it allows you to have warm kegs and you flow the beer through the unit to cool it down on the way to the tap. So as you suggest it would be a replacement for a fridge/freezer when dispensing. You still have to carbonate you beer though, and that is best done when the beer is cold.
A number of guys down here use a temprite for parties.

Beers,
Doc

Hey,
its not a fnacy temprite. Its a glycol system im pretty sure. I know you can buy lancer ones here which are a similar size to that with 2 coils inside, and a reticulation line for glycol for you rflooded fonts. I almost bought one from the UK about 6 months ago. would have cost about 600 landed it hnk for a 3 coil, retic line, regs, hose and flooded fonts. Im not sure if the one in the picture has a reticulation line or not though.

No probs with the UK power supply. Same voltage and frequency as us here. Change the plug, or put an adapter on and away you go.

I was told by one person however, that you can have problems importing refrigeration gear. Not sure why exactly, or if ther is actually aproblem with doing it.

CHeers, Rob

Latest posts

Back