Fridge Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flanbos

Reaction score
i just got myself a fridgr for my brewing purposes and now i want to make the most out it, what would everyone recomend i do and what i brew,

i wanna get kegs going later this year,

how do brews turn out brewd at low temps like this???

cheers

flanbos

Flanbos, the best thing you can do is replace your fridge's thermostat with a 0-40C thermostat or temp controller. This will let you run the fridge at whatever temperature you want. Then, you can brew whatever you want in it at any time of the year. Do a search on this site for thermostats and tem controllers for discussions around models, cost, location, installation, etc.

Cheers - Snow

Snow said:
Flanbos, the best thing you can do is replace your fridge's thermostat with a 0-40C thermostat or temp controller. This will let you run the fridge at whatever temperature you want. Then, you can brew whatever you want in it at any time of the year.
I agree with Snow here wholeheartedly. The only problem is is you bottle and its summer your brews temperature tend to fluctuate with the weather unless you have a really good spot where the temp doesn't change much to store them in.
Of course you can keg and get a bigger fridge to hold all the kegs.

Aahhhh brewing.....

cheers
johnno

I'll third the new thermostat idea. It's surprisingly easy to do.

Back