Freshhops.com

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
So, just browsing Niko, hops direct etc and found another store- freshhops.com

They do international orders, have all hops varieties i want and look ok. Prices are a little higher than other places, but not enough to make a significant difference.

Anyone had any experience with them in the past? Looking to put in a reasonably big order, so just checking on others experiences first...

Cheers

Stef

From what i can see after a quick look of that site - they only sell whole hops ie: flowers not pellets, which will not get past quarantine.

I can highly recommend Niko, you wont find better service.

So, just browsing Niko, hops direct etc and found another store- freshhops.com

They do international orders, have all hops varieties i want and look ok. Prices are a little higher than other places, but not enough to make a significant difference.

Anyone had any experience with them in the past? Looking to put in a reasonably big order, so just checking on others experiences first...

Cheers

Stef
Stef,
I can only see whole hops on the site.
Be aware you can't bring whole hops into the country from anywhere other than NZ.
Nige

Ah, whoops... Must've gotten myself mixed up between all the sites i was looking at!

Stef,
I can only see whole hops on the site.
Be aware you can't bring whole hops into the country from anywhere other than NZ.
Nige

http://www.freshops.com/order/international

If you are located outside the United States and would like to order Freshops products, please contact us using the form below.

Please DO NOT place your order through our online shopping cart as we are currently unable to process international orders online.

Also, due to international quarantine restrictions, we may not be allowed to ship certain products to you.

Be sure to include the details of your order in your message, including quantities and product names for hops and rhizomes, as well as your shipping information.

It would make getting rhizomes easier too

What are shipping costs/times like from Niko? I've just scored a 500 litre fridge so I might start buying in bulk.

What are shipping costs/times like from Niko? I've just scored a 500 litre fridge so I might start buying in bulk.
Nikos shipping price just went up its around $18 U.S. for 4 half pound bags mine arrived in around a week from placing my order,email Niko and ask away really good service from him!

Rhizomes are going to be even less acceptable to customs than are flowers.
Australia and NZ have very few of the pests that affect hops in the rest of the world, with some lovely examples of introduced pests like rabbits, cane toads, lantana, prickly pear, fruit flies... a list that never stops getting worse.
That means we dont get hops covered in pesticides, if you want some food for thought have a look at the amount of DDT that was used in the old eastern bloc countries, or for that matter the amount of hopefully less persistent agents used in Europe today. I just have to hope that anyone stupid enough to bring in hops rhizomes gets caught.
There are plenty of rhizomes available locally dont even think of importing them.
MHB

Back