Fresh Wort Vs Can Kit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like you have over gased the keg and yes it can be rescued. When the head settles down you will get some beer but my guess is it would be almost flat.

To fix:
release the pressure valve to get out all the gas then shake the crap out of it. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes (get a towel in case you need to clean things up) and repeat. This could take some time, even a day or so.

It is far easier to get it right the first time rather than fix the problem later. My first 2 kegs I over carbed them and it was a pain to get them right considering I was on a timeframe to have them ready.

GL

Anyone got any FWK recommendations? I love IPA's so I want something super bitter

Anyone got any FWK recommendations? I love IPA's so I want something super bitter

Before I built my own rig I did four FWKs from Craftbrewer - the Rock and Timber (S&W Pac Ale clone), London Porter, Zythos IPA and Pug IPA (Brewdog Punk IPA clone) - all were top notch but the Pug was probably my pick of them.

They've got four or five IPAs to choose from at varying strengths. The closest commercial I've had to the Zythos one is probably the Kooinda Hop Transfusion - it was quite dark and malty for a "non-red" IPA. The Pug was much lighter/crisper like the original. I'm eyeing off their Black IPA at the moment since my own rig is out of service, might duck out there on the weekend and grab a cube.

The best IPA FWK I have done was the all in brewing black IPA .dry hopped with with cascade , was what I had on hand , and it was great

I have also done their

Poca IPA . that came out pretty good . dry hopped it with something . cant remember what . whatever I had in the fridge

and the rye ipa. came out good as well. probably even with the poca. from memory I think my hop stocks were nil so just bottled with no hopping

the black was def the pick of the bunch

The best IPA FWK I have done was the all in brewing black IPA .dry hopped with with cascade , was what I had on hand , and it was great

I have also done their

Poca IPA . that came out pretty good . dry hopped it with something . cant remember what . whatever I had in the fridge

and the rye ipa. came out good as well. probably even with the poca. from memory I think my hop stocks were nil so just bottled with no hopping

the black was def the pick of the bunch

Thanks mate. I just bought the Bandwagon IIPA from All Inn brewing. 8.8% and I'm going to dry hop with 100g of Centennial and 50g of Galaxy

Latest posts

Back