Fresh Wort Kits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mredgy

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience or used these fresh wort kits before? Like the ones for sale here http://ndbrewing.com.au/

I was looking at them, and they seem like a nice idea, but am wondering if anyone has had success with them before?

They're a top idea if you want to experience an all-grain brew without doing all the work yourself. It's still cheap compared to buying beer, and you get a great mini-fermenter or secondary vessel to boot.

I've done a couple of the Grumpy's ones and liked them.

They are great, use a good liquid yeast with them and you'll make a great beer.. I have tried them all except the stout and irish red.

I'm glad, because I ordered a Aussie Pale Ale and a WLP007 yeast. I'll see how it goes :)
No need for additions or alterations I assume...

1. Clean all equipment.
2. Pour contents in fermenter.
3. Add 5-6L of water.
4. Add yeast.

All done, nothing to it, only bumer is it kinda takes the fun out of brewing, always good when your pushed for time though.

mredgy said:
Has anyone had any experience or used these fresh wort kits before? Like the ones for sale here http://ndbrewing.com.au/

I was looking at them, and they seem like a nice idea, but am wondering if anyone has had success with them before?
[post="81060"][/post]​

Fantastic way to get a professionally finished beer easily. However, if you wanted to travel to Peakhurst to buy the kit from ESB themselves, you will save $5 a throw. I guess if you happen to be in the area, then you can't beat buying from the supplier. (I note that ESB have just put their price up from $30.00 to $35.00)

Heres the link....

ESB Fresh Wort Page

M.

I'm pretty much hooked on these; they make an excellent beer with a liquid yeast and take all of about 1/2 hr including sanitising. I haven't found any comparable beer kits for the price of $30-odd (I can't get Grumpys in my HBS).
Bazza.

I tried one about a year ago and used a wyeats yeast pack with it. It's very simple, low fuss and the result is pretty good. I did find it to be little light in the mouth feel and alcohol dept but would say it's better than your average tinned extract type brew.

Fantastic way to get a professionally finished beer easily. However, if you wanted to travel to Peakhurst to buy the kit from ESB themselves, you will save $5 a throw. I guess if you happen to be in the area, then you can't beat buying from the supplier. (I note that ESB have just put their price up from $30.00 to $35.00)

I think you'll find ND Brewing is cheaper @ $30.00 for Fresh Wort Kit incl DCL yeast or $40.00 incl White labs yeast opposed to $35.00 incl DCL yeast from ESB.

no affiliation etc

These are an excellent way to make full mash brews.

Make sure before adding your top up water, you check the style you are brewing. Some styles do not recommend any top up water, some are made up to 18 litres.

It is an easy mistake to top up to your regular 23 litre mark.

am said:

I think you'll find ND Brewing is cheaper @ $30.00 for Fresh Wort Kit incl DCL yeast or $40.00 incl White labs yeast opposed to $35.00 incl DCL yeast from ESB.

no affiliation etc
[post="81104"][/post]​

I stand corrected :unsure:

I too am looking at a Fresh Wort Kit for my next brew.

What kind would be best for making a bitter style beer? or if not possible, what Temps should the APA be fermented at and what is a usual FG for these.

Cheers

I've done the APA using safale 04. Fermented at 20c. SG was 1040 FG 1010. I only made it up to 19 litres. Turned out a nice drop.

:chug:
Cheers

If you want a British style, the IPA is nice. It does need to be kept for a bit for the tastes to mesh together well. I made it up to the recommended 20litres but it may be better with no water at all as the OG was only 1040. If you get it, the yeast deal with ND brewing supplies is excellent. I got the Pacific Ale yeast (WLP041) by mistake really, but it's a great yeast and my yeast of choice for most beers at the moment.

Cheers
Stuart

Back