• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Fresh Dried Hops. Melb. Hersbrucker And Cascade

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sedimental

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've got excess hops for sale as i don't have the freezer space. I have just finnished bagging up the Hersbrucker today, the cascade will be ready in two days. I'm located in Thornbury/Melbourne. I will swap for palleted hops if you've got them, though only sealed bags and no older than 6 months. All hops have greater than advertised weights about +10%.

Hersbrucker

4 x 80g = $8.00 a bag
2 x 120g = $12.00 a bag

Cascade

8 x 80g = $8.00 a bag

Cheers,

Tim

are these home grown hops?? if so your asking retail prices for them so not sure if people would buy these as the quality and AA is unknown and has to be guessed when using them.

are these home grown hops?? if so your asking retail prices for them so not sure if people would buy these as the quality and AA is unknown and has to be guessed when using them.

yes they are home grown, i was hoping more to swap them for pallets. They were properly dried in the dark with aeration......

I was thinking this too, but then it occured to me that some lhbs charge pretty steep prices so the wuoted price might seem cheap to him.

Sedimental- check out the prices at some of the sponsors to see what people around here pay. Noone is going to pay the same price (or more) for hops of unseen quality and unknown alpha acid composition as commercially available hops.

No worries,

Well halve the prices then and like I said, if you've any pallets you'd like to swap then feel free to contact me..........

Not only is the AA% unknown but home grown hops can also be very different (flavour, bittering, aroma) to commercial hops grown on farms, especially if grown overseas.

Nothing wrong with trying to swap or sell them, just make sure that people know exactly what they're getting.

I threw mine in the bin lol. I couldnt be arsed stuffing around to find the AA of them and one is POR so only use it for bittering and figured that I would rather spend few $ a brew to know the AA the chinnok is nice I done a all home grown brew and used POR to bitter and used POR in the cube in one and chinook in the cube in the other. The POR one isnt not really good but the chinook is nice but way under the bitterness I calculated, Nothing throwing a cone straight of the bine does not fix.

I should add that I over dried mine as picked them and had to go away for work so they where drying for 7 + days lol. Not sure if I will keep the POR as explained its a great bittering hop but cant be arsed trying to figure out AA%.

Will give the rizomes away when the time comes but rather give to local guys that will pick them up or the whole thing up depending how big the roots are. Will keep the chinook and maybe get another hop I can late hop with.

Back