Freezer Controller Feat. In Silicon Chip Magazine

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fammer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I noticed that this thermostat was discussed some time ago by a few members, basically I need one now (asap) and was wondering if anyone has come across where you can indeed purchase these?

Are they stocked at Jaycar & Are they indeed a good unit?

Full Article: http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_104576/article.html

Yeah, Jaycar has 'em $40. I just bought one.

I hope it is a good unit cos I'm relying on it too. I think it was OZbrewer who had one and seems happy with it.

do you have to assemble it yourself?

I was kind of looking for a pre made unit with LCD readout..........

Yes you have to build it, I imagine most silicon chip projects are this way given it is an electronics mag. :unsure:

Ozbrewer said:
THe kit it self is very easy to make, the instructions suc ass, but its easy to follow the pics, I still have a 2.2ohm resistor left over and have no idea what its for, but im going to call jaycar and find out, all in all for $40 its a bloody beauty

In terms of premade ones they may be discussed in some of the other threads floating about. I don't think it would be very hard to assemble if you have a soldering iron.

Here are some threads that may mention a control you are interested in:

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4

There are probably more out there, just search for temp control and I think you will have some reading to do. :p

Might have to add this to the frequently requested links post.

:beerbang:

I was kind of looking for a pre made unit with LCD readout..........

Unfortunately this kit has no readout and haveing spent some time looking to add some sort of readout I am of the opinion that for the average hobbyist it will not be possible. I also think the method of setting the operating parameters with a multimeter leaves a lot to be desired. Haveing said this for what it was designed to do ie set once for your wine it does well . Hope this is of some help.

Cheers altstart

Back