• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Upright Freezer (faulty) Adelaide South

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a small upright freezer which I have been using for a fermentation chamber for the last couple of years. The compressor works and it makes the side of the freezer cold, but apparently not cold enough for a 40 degree day (as my Hoegaarden that fermented out in <24 hours will attest to). I have upgraded to a larger (more effective) freezer so the old one needs to go.

It can keep up when the weather is clement, but cant do lagers, cold crash, etc, etc. It may be getting worse, I am not sure. No idea what is wrong with it. I have been using it with a heat pad in tandem with the freezer on a temp controller and it has been working OK until the recent hot weather.

The size is easy big enough for a 20-30L fermenter, and just fits my 60L fermenter (I need to twist it round so the tap faces the corner).

Its a bit banged up, but would clean up OK for outside (or laundry). Seals work no worries, and there is a latch on the side to hold it closed.

IMAG2013.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

If anyone is interested they are welcome to it (sans the temp controller, and possibly the wooden support bit as I might use that in my next one). I am in Christie's in South Adelaide.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

If it was a faulty chest freezer, I snap it up as I'm looking for a place to store bags of grains (now I have a mill). I still might be interested in yours, but want to know if it would be big enough to accommodate at least 4 x 25 kg bags (solid shelf could be built into it I'm thinking).

It might also help for others who might be interested to put the dimensions out there. External and internal, so capacity and placement can be considered.

EDIT - also you state the seals are good, but would it be airtight (within reason) as a big factor for my use would be keeping out moisture.

Cheers mate. Probably a little too small for what I was thinking of using it for and I'll give it a miss. Great size for brewing in though, shame it's gone faulty on you.

No worries. Off to the dump tomorrow if no takers.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

Back