• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free rhizomes - Victoria and others also for sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppy2B

Reaction score
Buy Victoria hop rhizomes now, May 5th 2013 002.jpg

I have to give away a number of Tettnang rhizomes and maybe some Saaz and and also Dwarf cluster if its ready. Will give a free POR or Golding to anyone who bought rhizomes from me last year if they were unsuccessful. Must be the same variety.
Also available :
Victoria $15
Golding 2 for $10
POR 2 for $10

Add postage to the above, which will probably be around $11.

Happy for pickups in the Adelaide area.

Need to sort out my bank details so that may take a couple of days. PM orders if you want some. Cheers.

Pictured above is the Victoria.

OK folks, I seem to have my bank details sorted. I will probably need to weigh most of the orders to see if they fit into a 500 gram satchel or if I need to go bigger. Will PM all those who have put in orders as soon as I can, mostly likely Tuesday.
Only a couple of Victoria left for those wanting to order some of that variety.

Hey everyone, just letting you know I am out of Saaz. Sill have a small amount of Victoria for those chasing that variety.
Cheers.

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to let you know I will only be taking POR and Golding orders for the moment. I need to clear the back order of rhizomes I have at the moment before I know if I will have any more of the other varieties. Cheers.

pm sent.

And could I add a request for cluster to my message if you have any left mate? Thanks!

Hi folks, just letting you know I'm not taking any more orders at the moment. Thanks, will let you know in about a week if I have any rhizomes left. Cheers.

Thanks "hoppy2B", I just picked up my rhizomes. When should I put them in the ground? How deep should I put them?

Thanks again

Nathan

come home from work to a nice little package. Thanks mate they are a nice size
Cheers Ben

Thanks Hoppy,
Just put mine into the ground today. Can't wait for these babies!
Cheers mate!!

nathan_madness said:
Thanks "hoppy2B", I just picked up my rhizomes. When should I put them in the ground? How deep should I put them?

Thanks again

Nathan
Hi Nathan,
I recommend planting straight away. Smaller rhizomes can be planted into suitable pots, not smaller than the 200mm size and kept in a warm spot. Larger ones should be ok straight into the ground, or a pot if you are concerned about something eating them.
Don't plant too deep. A couple of inches for large rhizomes is sufficient. Keep them moist.
Its important that soil isn't overly wet when placed into pots as this will cause water logging. Just moist when filling pots is the way to go, and adding some manure to the mix will help to feed it. Much safer than chemical fertilizer.
Once the bines start growing in late spring to early summer the potted plants can be planted out.

Cheers Hoppy, rhizomes arrived today, very happy and good work on the bonus.
Was gunna ask if the cluster where the famous dwarf variety but that was clearly stated on the parcel.
Can't wait to get these suckers going for next season.
:)

Hi Folks,

Just letting you know I have a good number of Golding rhizomes left and 1 or 2 of other varieties as well.

Hi everyone, I have about 10 Tettnang rhizomes left. If anyone would like the lot for free let me know. I may be able to chuck in a free Golding and POR as well.
Just to clarify, I'd like to do them as the one lot. They're completely free and if they don't go quick I'll probably just bin them so I can finish with the rhizomes for this season.
Cheers, Hoppy.

Back