• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Rear Projection Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We got it burn the surface of the concrete, but not actually burning through it
my mate said he gave it a good clean at a later point and was burning various metals with it, will have to ask him if he ever got it to burn through concrete

I love the idea of the sun for applications. I just bought a string of LED Xmas lights, solar powered from Suntek Store out of HK for around $13 free delivery. Cheap Solar powered shyte, until recently, has usually been farily pathetic, not quite living up to expectations - you know those spear-in-the-ground driveway and garden lights for example, but these are absolutely awesome and have 3 blink settings. It's quite amazing how things have progressed in just a few years. I'm going to order 3 more strings for Xmas and drape them round trees etc.

I find it interesting that everyone has used, and assumed, the double inverted commas for all occasions so far. Some 'disciplines' have very "strict guidelines in which either single or double inverted commas are used" (Lecterfan, 2012).

If you are going to quote yourself though, shouldn't it look more like this?

"strict guidelines in which either single or double inverted commas are used"

1. L.fan, 2012

:icon_cheers:

I also prefer the use of paedophile as opposed to pedophile, particularly since my electric bike is branded "PowerPed" :huh:

Most old printed books seem to use single quotes for reported speech. The Aussie Style Manual prefers the use of singles, and only mandates doubles if 'nested' within a sentence.

For example: Fourstar, in addressing the Pan-Asian Brewing Conference remarked 'The use of the term "Sugaz" is now madatory on all fora'.

Wikipedia reports that double quotes are more of a USA thing, and include us in that zone, although the Australian Style Manual would perhaps not bear this out.

1. L.fan, 2012

Maybe in high school or literary works; in the scientific community and peer reviewed scientific publications, perhaps not.

Thought to be dumped but not really. Note the use of the single quotes.

dumped_art.png

I love the idea of the sun for applications. I just bought a string of LED Xmas lights, solar powered from Suntek Store out of HK for around $13 free delivery. Cheap Solar powered shyte, until recently, has usually been farily pathetic, not quite living up to expectations - you know those spear-in-the-ground driveway and garden lights for example, but these are absolutely awesome and have 3 blink settings. It's quite amazing how things have progressed in just a few years. I'm going to order 3 more strings for Xmas and drape them round trees etc.

Linky?

Can't seem to find the price mentioned on the site.

If I lived closer I'll grab that just to make the big magnifying glass solar thing, in fact I showed it to the wife who said I can't do it because I'll burn down something. Sounds like a challenge to me, I'am on the look out for a RP TV.

Accident waiting to happen?? Yep I'm like Tim Taylor :lol:

Batz

You could then use it to boil wort or would that be me just being silly :lol:

Cheers

there was a basic brewing podcast on just that a year or two back

1. L.fan, 2012

:icon_cheers:

Maybe in high school or literary works; in the scientific community and peer reviewed scientific publications, perhaps not.

:beer: Discipline specific, but yes, erring towards the latter haha...

Latest posts

Back