• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Rear Projection Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can posters please stop spelling "sugars" as sugaz.

"Sugarz" is a brewing term used to describe the disaccharides common to brewers.

"Sugars" is a non-brewing term that includes nubile honeys and hoodrat beartches.

This thread is about a ridiculously large television. Can we please get back on topic. The interesting threads get derailed too often.
Thank you.

"Sugarz" is a brewing term used to describe the disaccharides common to brewers.

"Sugars" is a non-brewing term that includes nubile honeys and hoodrat beartches.

:lol: :lol:

This thread is about a ridiculously large television. Can we please get back on topic. The interesting threads get derailed too often.
Thank you.

Some would argue that by modern standards, it is a large, ridiculous television.

My interpretation of "dump" would be that the term itself would convey a sense of there being a legal right and that it is an appropriate manner of disposing of the said television in an approved waste transfer facility commonly referred to as a dump. Of course one would then confer that disposing of rubbish, or unwanted goods, or waste in areas such as in public reserves would be doing so in a manner in which you have no legal right to do so, nor is it considered appropriate. This "dump" in the context of the original statement within this thread would thus seem to convey a sense of merriment and satire.

Conversely, as the urbandictionary reference that WarmBeer pointed to seems to suggest that the bulk of definitions for "dump" relate to excretion of faeces, I would suggest that quite a lot of people do in fact take a dump in public reserves and that they, in a lot of cases, have no legal right to do so. I am confident that council workers would not like that either.

I want to know more about the "Giant Sun Cannon". It sounds awesome.

:icon_offtopic: A GIANT SUN CANNON........the final piece of my jigsaw for TOTAL WORLD DOMINATION.......MwhahahahaMwhahahaha :lol:

You will all be rendered defenceless once I have my GIANT SUN CANNON........MwhahahahahMwhahahahahaha :drinks:

NOTHING can stand in my way now.........MwhahahahahahaMwhahahahahah :kooi:

i love how you've used the off topic emoticon in a thread which hasn't been ON topic for 20 posts or so...

:D

very good manners indeed.

Not many instructions are needed
we basically surrounded the lens in a wooden frame to keep it straight
then mounted that in a bit of a rig to pivot up and down so we could aim it
now move in or out from your target like you would with a normal magnifying glass
what you do next is your choice...

i love how you've used the off topic emoticon in a thread which hasn't been ON topic for 20 posts or so...

:D

very good manners indeed.

All tyrants are well mannered when using home brew forums to disclose their plots to unleash their wrath upon the world.
We learnt that at tyrant school.

This is the start of it people...we will see this on the news and all know...It all started with an innocent "Free TV" thread

Looks like yes it does contain a fresnel lens!
Here's a youtube clip that explains how to remove the solar death ray from the same sort of TV.

Apparently they can even melt concrete!
Looks like lots of other interesting bits are inside them too. There are quite a lot of results in youtube if you search for 'fresnel solar death ray'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re Post #26, Malted; further congratulations on not spelling "ridiculous" as "rediculous".

Interestingly I've noticed from UK fora and newspaper readers' comments that "rediculous", "there" for "their", "it's" for "its", "loose" for "lose" and other abominations seem to be an international phenomenon. American fora seem to have a higher standard of grammar and spelling despite the fact that a fair percentage of Americans are deemed functionally illiterate. :huh:

edit: readers' not readers. Oops.

I find myself curious as to what the quotes signify here.

I'll be honest, I have no ******* idea why I put them there. Reading back it would appear it was a brain fart moment.

dr_evil.gif

I find it interesting that everyone has used, and assumed, the double inverted commas for all occasions so far. Some 'disciplines' have very "strict guidelines in which either single or double inverted commas are used" (Lecterfan, 2012).

Not many instructions are needed
we basically surrounded the lens in a wooden frame to keep it straight
then mounted that in a bit of a rig to pivot up and down so we could aim it
now move in or out from your target like you would with a normal magnifying glass
what you do next is your choice...

You could then use it to boil wort or would that be me just being silly :lol:

Cheers

Back