• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Rear Projection Tv

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hi All, Posted this somewhere else on this site, but stupid me has lost it....

We have updated our TV and have no room for our old one. It is a Sony 130cm rear projection screen in perfect working order. It is 10 years old meaning it is "Analogue" so you will need a Digital Set top box to view Free to air TV.

Pick up from Lugarno, Sydney.......You will need a ute or truck and 2 guys to lift together with my help.
Free to first person who Pm's me. I'll happily accept a few bottles of your brew.

Cheers

PB110075.JPG

What? No takers?

You might have to donate a few of your brews rather than wanting someone elses. :ph34r:

I took mine to the tip, the first one I tried wanted to charge me $140 to leave it, so I found another eRecycler and it was a free to dump so they got 4 of em

I took mine to the tip, the first one I tried wanted to charge me $140 to leave it, so I found another eRecycler and it was a free to dump so they got 4 of em

And councils wonder why people "dump" rubbish in public reserves...

Good luck in the sale...these things are a ******* to move :lol: I had to help a friend move one, 3 lots of stairs and a horse float...lets just say if we move them again I am not helping or leaving the TV :lol:

If you can't get rid of it, remove the fresnel lens from the front (if it has one) and mount it in a wooden frame to make a GIANT SUN CANNON!!!
did this once with a mate's old TV, we got it melting holes in longnecks :D

I find myself curious as to what the quotes signify here.
Many people and particularly fruit and veg stall chalkboards seem to think that inverted commas are a way of emphasising a word - as one would do electronically with bold, italic or underline.
In fact as Bum (fellow Grammar Nazi) would confirm, inverted commas or quotes (double inverted commas) should be used to ... Bribie gets out hard copy of Aus Style Manual:

As well as reporting direct speech and quotations, they may be used for newly coined phrases or words:

the "downwards mash" is now well accepted.

For colloquial or slang expressions:

That was a "blockbuster" of a brewing session

Or for ironic emphasis:

That "BIAB" brew described by that confused poster wasn't anything like a true one, more like a seven vessel brew.

So in what context were the quote marks applied to "dump" ?????????

Yes that would be within the parameters B) B)

Edit: and congratulations on not spelling "lose" as "loose"

While somewhat archaic, "loose" would have actually worked in that context.

Edit: and congratulations on not spelling "lose" as "loose"

Does this mean I can't loose a few hours watching cricket while having a few largers?

Seeing as fellow language nazis are going off, here's my request.

Can posters please stop spelling "sugars" as sugaz.

Mein Gott!!

Edit: spelling (Ha!)

Seeing as fellow language nazis are going off
I'd just like to point out (if only for Komodo's sake) that my curiosity above does not come from a purely grammatical position. I was genuinely curious about what additional meaning was implied by the quotes.

I'd just like to point out (if only for Komodo's sake) that my curiosity above does not come from a purely grammatical position. I was genuinely curious about what additional meaning was implied by the quotes.

A "Nuremberg excuse" if ever I heard one!

(and note the cunning use of quotation marks for both emphasis and citation).

So...did anyone end up claiming the telly?

Or did they 'claim' the telly?

Back