• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Hops Rhizomes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh

WSB
Reaction score
I've just dug up and thinned out my hops rhizomes which were fairly rootbound in my pots.

So now I have Chinook, Pride of Ringwood and Columbus rhizomes available. Free to a good home.

There's a fair few viable rhizomes. PM me if you want to pick some up from Guildford West NSW. They're currently loose in used potting mix bags with some moisture.

Good work. I'm neither in NSW nor do I have room in my garden for anymore but good work nonetheless.

I've just dug up and thinned out my hops rhizomes which were fairly rootbound in my pots.

So now I have Chinook, Pride of Ringwood and Columbus rhizomes available. Free to a good home.

There's a fair few viable rhizomes. PM me if you want to pick some up from Guildford West NSW. They're currently loose in used potting mix bags with some moisture.

hey josh, how much space do they take up and how fast do they grow? also, how involved is the drying/curing process?

hey josh, how much space do they take up and how fast do they grow? also, how involved is the drying/curing process?
2009 Show Us Your Hops Thread has some good pics of how they look.

I have 4 plants in pots about 500mm wide. The rhizomes are pretty big and you should get some fair growth this year. I don't know about yield, but there's a chance you will get some hops cones in the first year if you treat your plants right.

Good work. I'm neither in NSW nor do I have room in my garden for anymore but good work nonetheless.

Cheers manticle. I probably could have sold them as I've got some pretty big pieces. But I couldn't be arsed mucking about with sorting them out, posting photos and postage.

Still plenty available brewers. PM for details or I'll just toss them out. Might drop a couple in the ground at Mum's place without her or stepdad noticing haha.

Latest posts

Back