• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Hops For Castle Hill Show Participants

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikk

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to spend the day out at the Australian Brewery at Rouse Hill yesterday as my prize for the Castle Hill show. It was a fantastic day, & the quality of all the beers made out there is absolutely second-to-none. A great day out, for sure.

Anyway, the head brewer Neal was kind enough to part with a bag of Summer Saaz hops he had no plans for. I'd like to offer these hops to anybody that entered/judged/stewarded/organised etc the Castle Hill Show. Happy to make up 250/500g lots, or larger lots depending on the level of interest shown.

I'll need somebody with a vacuum sealer to come round to help me with packaging though, if that's not too much to ask?

Please respond to this email with your name & amount of hops wanted. First-in best-dressed, as they say! 3.5-4kg all up to give away. Pickup from Marrickville, or can bring to the next BrewShare night at the Local Taphouse.

Mikk.

What an awesome offer.

You can use my vac sealer Mikk and I will gladly take 200g from you.

Can I grab 250g, I'll bring a beer or 2 for your trouble. I'll probably pick them up if that works for you.

I'll be in Schwartz's brewing there on tuesday for my prize.

I'll take 250g, if needed can bring round a vac sealer. Can drop off Stu's hops, if no one closer volunteers. Are you thinking this weekend or next ?

cheers

G'day Mikk,
Congrats and nice score off Neal!

I'd love to take 250g off your hands, and can happily offer you a couple of bottles of my 1st prize ESB, Highly Commended Flanders Red Ale, and my dry stout (no winner but still a nice easy quaffer).
Cheers mate
Pete.

Good to see some takers, i was starting to wonder if i was going to have to use all the hops myself!

As for the best time to pick stuff up, I'm a little busy this weekend but a pickup is ok if it's just a quickie. Alternatively, most evenings and some days during the week are good for me too.

What i can do though, is arrange a rough time for the following weekend (13/14th) in case you guys would like to drop in around the same time, say hi to each other & have a beer. Maybe even 2?!
Either way, I'll PM you my details & you can let me know what suits you best.

Looks like everything's spoken for for now, with a few pickups to be made during the week/weekend.

Maheel, there might be 250g left after all the pickups are done. Not sure if it'll be worth it to send/express post up, but either way if there's some left you can have 1st dibs on it.

Thanks everyone, hope you all get to make something deliciously summery with it!

Back