• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Hop Rhizomes- Not exactly sure what type

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jagungal

Reaction score
I am moving out of Sydney and selling the house. For many years there I had a number of hop plants that grew fairly well. They always covered a shed in Summer and died down in Winter, at the moment they are dormant. I did get quite a few hops off them each year and used them here and there for a little bit of flavour.

The only problem is that I made the mistake of getting three types and allowing them to grew all together. Although they were initially about a foot apart, they send our shoots underground and they have now intertwined and mixed with each other. From memory there were Saaz, Mt Hood and another type, might be Fuggles. They may suit someone who does not care about the type of Hop they grow or who is confident that they can separate and identify the types.

Not going to take them, I am just going to get some more, one single type this time or grow different types in different areas.

I would not mind removing this small garden anyway, it is falling apart .. so if someone wants to take them all then they are welcome.

They are in South West Sydney .. and I should be back there in a week or two, or I could arrange for someone to show you where they are.

If anyone is interested them let me know.

Latest posts

Back