Free Homebrew Testing In Perth This Saturday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dommy

Reaction score
Hi All,

This Saturday (25th August) between 10-12 there will be free testing of alcohol levels in homebrew at the ChemCentre open day, bring a sample of your beer and see how it compares.

For those that are also into growing things there will be free soil testing as well!

Hope to see you there, Dom

Fantastic news on the open day I will definitely be there. The missus will be happy to get a free soil test done aswell as she was only recently talking about it.

Same goes here, especially with the soil testing. Do you know what size sample would be required for the soil test?

Can you do other tests on beer and wort (obviously not for free) ??

Same goes here, especially with the soil testing. Do you know what size sample would be required for the soil test?

I have been told that a cupful would be plenty - I guess a couple of hundred grams or thereabouts.

the free testing on offer at the Open Day will be pH, electroconductivity, hydrophobicity and plant available phosphorus.

Dom

Can you do other tests on beer and wort (obviously not for free) ??
HI Foles,
our labs can do things like sugars profile also mineral content - Mg, Ca, Na, Cl, etc. The problem will be that one-off or small batches of analyses tend to cost $$ :(

Dom

HI Foles,
our labs can do things like sugars profile also mineral content - Mg, Ca, Na, Cl, etc. The problem will be that one-off or small batches of analyses tend to cost $ :(

Dom

So no microbiological analysis of wort or beer? What sort of $ are we talking?

Back