• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FREE: Glycol cooled fermentation chamber

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirt in the turns

Reaction score
Free: cold fermentation chamber. Pump glycol from a reservoir in a freezer through the heat exchanger, to cool the contents of the chamber. Holds 2 x 30L fermenters. It's probably getting dumped if there are no takers. Also offered on GoldCLUB Facebook page.

You get:
1) A box I built out of plywood and painted with mould resistant paint. It's double walled and insulated with expanding foam and broken up bits of polystyrene. Yes, it's ugly, yes it needs a bit of a clean and a few cracks filled. Suggest using a strap to keep the front on securely.
2) A heat exchanger (transmission cooler) with vinyl hose and 2 x 12v fans attached to it.
3) a bucket of glycol coolant mix. It's a bit dirty - I wouldn't suggest putting in your car radiator. Stays liquid down to about -20c.

What you need to add to make it go:
1) A pump. A cheap aquarium pump from Big W will do the job.
2) A 12v power supply for the fans.
3) Temperature controller (e.g. STC-1000). Run the fans and pump from the controller like you would a fridge.
4) A freezer
5) A container for the glycol that fits your freezer.

The photo of the fridge is to give you an idea of how I had it set up (holes drilled through the freezer door). Fridge is not included.

Pick up from Palm Beach, QLD.

Latest posts

Back