• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free Chest Freezer - Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
You know when you go against your gut feeling and you get burnt in search of a bargain? that's what this chest freezer is.

I bought it off gumtree as a super bargain... assured by the seller that it worked fine blah blah blah.

Anyways.

It's old, about 300 Litres, fits 5 cornys easily.

here's the deal - it chills stuff down to about 1 degree but won't go any lower.. which is fine for beer but not for freezing stuff - BUT it works really hard and flat out doing so - chewing lots of power in the process and who knows how long it will last...

So if you want to come and pick it up from Para Hills - it's yours for free (or a couple of your finest as a donation if you're feeling generous)

My thoughts are it would make a good party esky for the xmas new years season.

If you want to come and pick it up from Para Hills it's yours for free (a couple of your finest as a donation wouldn't be turned down!)
i'll give it a bit more of clean before collection.

PM if interested\

. IMAG0312.jpg

IMAG0313.jpg

Pop the side motor cover off. Have a look at the compressor, there will be a fan next to it. Check the fan is working when the freezer is cooling.

QldKev

Pop the side motor cover off. Have a look at the compressor, there will be a fan next to it. Check the fan is working when the freezer is cooling.

QldKev
a fan in a chesty? i've never seen one in my pokings around under them. do they look like pc fans?

i took the cover off but didnt see a boat propellor like that! boy look...

if if find the fan and it's not working how do i fix?

I thought it would have been big enough to have one, and was hoping it was the issue. That one in the pic is broken and I've been going to fix it for a while. I've just been using the freezer as a vermin proof grain storage.

Maybe it doesn't have one then. Have a sniff around under there and see if there is anything like a car radiator, if it does give it a good clean.

If not, I'm out of ideas

QldKev

bump before the weekend trip to the scrap metal yard - still available

Back