• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free bottles (24-ish): Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedragon

Off topic...
Reaction score
Hi

I'm starting to get rid of my collection of larger crown top bottles: I've taken to the smaller 330ml stubbies.

There's many more full, but here's what I have empty at the moment:

* 14 x Phoenix lager 650ml crown tops. Awesome quality bottles, very strong 620g (compared to 380g CUB bottles)
* about 12 Coopers 750ml crown tops

There's also another 14 of the phoenix bottles... full of my last K&K and I can't see myself getting around to drinking them.

Free. Clean. All or nothing

PM me if you're interested. Inner city Melbourne.

Cheers
daniel

You're right. The Phoenix was awful. I was given 72 bottles of it. Drank one, hated it. Tasted a little like beer flavoured with soy sauce. Gave a box to a mate who hated it too. The rest were tipped and refilled.

It is apparently the best beer in Mauritius. If that is true, I'd hate to try the second best.

Someone must have hated you.

The best thing about Phoenix lager is the bottle so good on you for passing those along. Your KK will likely be an improvement on what was in there before.

'Best' is relative - remember VB is the 'best' cold beer.

Mantile, as you say they are brilliant bottles. Nice and heavy: they will last for years.

I've found recently that I prefer the 330ml bottles. Cleaning and bottling is harder work but I enjoy the convenience of single serve bottles.

DU99, your VB add led to me finding this:

Brilliant

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as this thread has come up... I have a few spare crates of longies to go free to a good home, PM if interested

Yob, as much as I'd like these, the ones I picked up today have given me more than enough for now. While off topic, all the best for the new business too, I know I'll end up buying some hops off you!!

Cheers for the bottles today Daniel, great to meet another fellow home brewer...I know I'll end up giving all grain a crack sooner or later!!

Cheers,

AJ

thedragon said:
DU99, your VB add led to me finding this:

Brilliant

Cheers AJ.. more pressing is.. Im REALLY feckin thirsty....

graeat thread all round.. well done lads :lol:

... Im gunna watch that ad again :ph34r:

ed: I mean.. those bottles are still available if anyone wants them and can remember wanting them after viewing that...

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottle clean out continues. Not giving up brewing, have just moved to kegs and need to reduce the bottle stockpile.

30-odd of the Phoenix lager 650ml crown top bottles (see first post for description)
40-odd CUB 750ml twist top bottles
20 mixed crown top bottles (various cider bottles, coopers etc.)

All clean with labels removed. In boxes to make it easy for you.

Free.

Inner city Melbourne. PM me if interested.

Can second the Phoenix lager bottles, they are brilliant! A great pick up for whoever gets them!

Back