• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free: Beer Bottles (stubbies & Longnecks) - Melb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfy

Reaction score
Didn't think I'd ever get into kegging, and managed to collect a few bottles, but now that I have a few kegs, I have lots of empty beer bottles that may be of used to others.

Some bottles are washed/clean, however most have been stored in the out-side-shed for a year or two and are very dusty/dirty (snails like to live on/in them too), some have dirt on/in them and some that were stored outside have water/stuff inside. However most were rinsed before storage and should not contain beer-dregs or mould.
Best to assume they will all need a spray with the hose, then a good soak, bottle-brushing and clean before they are used, some bottles have had the labels removed others not.

Numbers are approximate:

Corona - 3.5 milk crates ~100 stubbies
Heineken - 2.5 milk crates ~60 stubbies
Carlsberg - 3 milk crates ~80 stubbies
Crown Lager - 3 milk crates ~ 60 stubbies

1 pint (cider) - 3 crates ~40 bottles
1 pint (approx) green - 3 crates ~40 bottles

VB longnecks - 12 milk crates ~ 160 bottles

Would be good if you brought your own crates/boxes if possible.
If nobody wants them they'll be fed to the (and the neighbors) recycle bins over the next few weeks - if I can't be bothered washing/ebaying them.
Location for pickup is Berwick.

The 1 pint cider bottles are spoken for and tonight was recycle night so all the stubbies are gone (neighbors have moved house so had an empty recycle bin to fill).
In 2 weeks the green bottles and some of the VB bottles will go unless someone claims then first.

Its such a shame throwing out bottles! I went to such trouble to get my bottle collection up, at one stage i had 30 cartons of beer bottled (not inlcuding the extract beer, thats stuill there). But with the addition of kegs the bottles are useless.

PM Sent re Longnecks
They're all yours, is good not to have to throw them out.

Might even throw in some free redbacks there were a few on the bottles that went in the recycle bin last night. ;)

By any chance, are there any VB long necks left? :)

They're all yours, is good not to have to throw them out.

Might even throw in some free redbacks there were a few on the bottles that went in the recycle bin last night. ;)

Wolfy: Thanks anyway. It was worth a try. Cheers.

iamozziyob: Cool thanks! PM incoming.

picked up today, thanks wolfy, dang... im gunna have to find my bottle brush, and just when I thought I no longer really used it anymore :D

at least this opens the door for other bottle scavengers out there, Im just about finished @ about 400+ longnecks now.

...that'll do yob, that'll do :ph34r:

picked up today, thanks wolfy, dang... im gunna have to find my bottle brush, and just when I thought I no longer really used it anymore :D
Spray with the hose + Sodium percarbonate bath > bottle brush. :)

KIRAN GLOBAL CHEMS LIMITED which started with the manufacture of a single product, Sodium Silicate for making detergents has increased manufacturing quantities multifold through several manufacturing units. The industrial usage in various applications has also widened. The 3,00,000 tonnes mark has been touched making it the largest manufacturers of Sodium Silicate in India and that has been achieved through the network of 32 manufacturing units spread across India.

Subsequently, the product range expanded to include other chemical intermediaries for detergent manufacture. The industrial usage in various applications has also widened. Versatile products were aggressively marketed leading to their usage in several other industries - building construction, paper, foundries, paints, ceramics, candles, textiles to name a few. The current installed capacities of other products manufactured are 10,000 tonnes of LABSA and 25,000 tonnes of Potassiun Silicate

Ooo look whos here too...cheeky ****

Back