Free Beer And Mates

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geneabovill

Reaction score
A quote from my mate upon tasting my first AG batch; an APA: "It's like the flavour of a James Squire... Only more of it. I reckon it's better."
The influence of drinking a mate's free beer? Probably.
Still nice to hear though.
I wanna hear what yer mates say about your brews. Go!

Reading the topic on this thread I thought you were giving away free beer....and your mates.

My friends tend to say "This is the best brew you've done so far!"
Quickly followed by "Pour us another one."

You know the saying: Free beer always taste the best!

edit:gramarrrr

If I gave you my mates, who would help me consume all this beer? Wait, here, you can have them all.

small majority of people i offer to,say "what home brew"and decline.they would rather drink megaswill.where i work their's a couple of fellow brewer's and we swap a bottle or 2

It's bloody hard to pick what they are going to like and not like. I had my brother around on the weekend and gave him a few to try, some of them are getting some age on them and getting quite nice. To my surprise though, the one he liked and continued to drink was the Coopers Sparkling Ale (ROTM from a little while ago), it had only been in the bottle 2 weeks!!! :huh: :rolleyes:

small majority of people i offer to,say "what home brew"and decline.they would rather drink megaswill.where i work their's a couple of fellow brewer's and we swap a bottle or 2

Solution: get new mates.

No have no mates to share my brews with & all my acquaintance just like drinking the soppy water sold in most pubs :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Imperial IPAs are worth it just to watch mates' faces. Boo YAH! That's a farkin beer, ya poofta!

Russian Imperial Stout tends to turn people free beer too. Wussbags.

I had my youngest daughters 5th birthday yesterday. Had a couple of the dad's come over (some of whom I have never met).

Take them into the brew cave and sample up a pilsner. They have a nervous trepidation about the "home brew" until their lips touched the nectar.

How many of them were pouring their 2nd, 3rd and 4th glasses by them selves. Couldnt get rid of one of them by the end of the party :icon_cheers:

At my Hot Rod Club meeting I bought a friend of mine a Hahn beer.
He complained said he only drinks VB....AAARRRRGGGGHHHH.....
pj

dont have many friends so thats good as I got it all set just for myself without having other people drinking it.

I usually get told, "yeah that tastes alright". The real test is whether they have another one... but that might be the free beer thing taking effect.

"You need a new 'fridge, this isn't cold enough. Fhark, it's tasty though..."

I've had a few mega swill drinkers say that my beer is really good, heaps better than what they are drinking but continue to drink the bottle shop beers. They don't stop at one at my place though, they always ask for more. I had a hard core K&K friend over last week & he said the beers tasted fantastic & asked how he could go about making it the same way. He gave his Dad one, a true blue K&K home brewer & he didn't like it. He reckons it tasted home brewish....................WTF!
Never had it called that before.

It always amazes me when megaswill mates comment on how hoppy a beer is. Even when I've given them a 25 IBU malt driven english pale ale that I reckon has minimal aroma :lol:

Most of my mates down my beer without swallowing...but still feel the need to comment unfavourably on a 7% K&K honey beer failure I made in 1997.

That's why we call them mates I guess...

Latest posts

Back