Free At Dans: Beer Styles Booklet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truman42

Reaction score
Just went to Dans and they have a free booklet on beer styles plus other information about the history of beer in Australia, bios on prominent brewers all that sort of thing.

Not bad for a freebie.

Do they have a section on recommended storage conditions for packaged beer?

Do they have a section on recommended storage conditions for packaged beer?

:rolleyes:

And perhaps a food matching guide for out of date imports?

Id rather refer to the BJCP site for style guidelines any day :)

I remember going to Dans once and some pimple faced 18 year old tried to get me to taste Sol. I said..... mate, I'd rather drink my own pee, and i have better home brew on tap at home. He said to me........ well it wouldn't be as good as this!

At that comment, i just smiled and kept walking, and my wife burst out laughing and told him i had a state brewing title to my name.

She told me he said "what.... can you make home brew better than bought beer?"

Love going to uncle dan's sometimes :)

There is bound to be a section for heat damaged and oxidised beers.

All the Dans bullshit and advertising aside its not a bad book especially for noobs.

dans1.jpg

dans2.jpg

dans3.jpg

Yeh it is a freebie I got one the other day when I bought 12 Zweic Porters and various others then managed to break two of the Zweics when the package broke. I was gutted.

Noticed our local Dan's and Liquorland are selling a much bigger selection of beers now which is all good but plenty unhealthy to the wallet Looking forward to trying my Kozel Premium at least it is in a 500ml bottle.

nice guide for a freebie but can't blame people for not liking dans, 2 weeks ago my wife bought me a ctn of xxxx gold to take on a crabbing trip.
bb date was july this year!
competition to win a navara ute which was drawn around christmas, that pallet must of been stuck at the back, just shows even fast moving stock gets the same treatment as craft beer, complained to management as the beer tasted very stale and strong but as usual
you would think i had introduced him to running water by the reaction i got.

:rolleyes:

I remember going to Dans once and some pimple faced 18 year old tried to get me to taste Sol. I said..... mate, I'd rather drink my own pee, and i have better home brew on tap at home. He said to me........ well it wouldn't be as good as this!

At that comment, i just smiled and kept walking, and my wife burst out laughing and told him i had a state brewing title to my name.

You can make a Mex lager better than Sol? Was your "title" for a LAGER? If not your wife is misinformed

tnd

The R.J. King Wingwalker Belgian Style Wheat Ale is one of America's finest craft beers

My local one decided to 'classify' their wines alphabetically, irrespective of style or origin. Every single bottle arranged alphabetically by the first letter of the name on the bottle. Very innovative! Took them a few days to do it!!! Only took a few months for them to change it back!!!!

i wonder if anyone at dans is reading the forum and even if they were would they really care?......
if a tree falls in a forest but nobody hears it............................... :rolleyes:

I once asked a bloke at Dan Murphy's if they had any barley wines, he replied "Bali wine, that's one of those Japanese beers isn't it, I'll just have a look" :lol:

I do buy stuff from Dan's though, just for the proximity.

Nice little booklet. Noticed Gage Road is quite prominent. Partly owned by woolies of course ;)

i wonder if anyone at dans is reading the forum and even if they were would they really care?......
if a tree falls in a forest but nobody hears it............................... :rolleyes:

Well it is owned by woolworths the fresh food (from 2009 stored in a gas filled warehouse) people.

but i guess it is good they are doing a bit to promote something other than the regulars.

Im a bit bored with their beer range these days and only really use them for cheaper spirits for the wife.

Back