• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FREE 3 Door Commercial Fridge COLLINGWOOD - Needs Work

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendanos

Reaction score
The restaurant at which I work has been having trouble with one of our fridges so we have replaced it, but would love to see it go to a good home, preferably in aid of making beer.

We have had fridge mechanics working on it for the last few weeks but have given up as we need something more reliable for food storage. It has a brand new thermostat, but is not keeping temperatures below 15C. Compressor seems OK, might need a new HEX/fan/something. It has been icing up a bit. It should run at 15C+ quite easily but if you aren't a fridge geek/handyman I would recommend having someone look at it (especially if you want it to run cold). We bought it second hand (it was almost new when we got it) about 33 months ago.

Dimensions are 182/224x172x70 cm (HxWxD) ie fridge height is 182cm, total height (with compressor) is 224cm.

Photo attached. We need it gone ASAP. You pick up. We don't want any money for it but would appreciate a case of (good) homebrew.

Call Chris if you want to come and have a look at it - 0400 006 397. Please don't contact me via AHB as I will not be on here for a while. If you agree to take the fridge please post on here so everyone knows to stop calling Chris!

jbfridge.jpg

Gryphon Brewing said:
And it looks like it comes with a shed load of food !
Food might not be that flash though as it says it wont get below 15C :)

Great offer though, very generous of you brendanos, I'm sure there's bound to be some fine home brews exchanged for that price.

Guys

Unfortunately for me my mate has let me down and now tells me he doesn't have space for the fridge. So its back up for grabs. Bad luck for me good luck to who ever grabs it. Thanks brendanos for the opportunity.

PM sent

:beerbang:

edit: just read the post again. I'll call the guy

I guess people dont want to be stuck with a fridge if they cant get it working properly

yeh, think about it, the shop has had fridgies working on it for ages and they cant fix it, so where is the hope of picking it up for free and being able to get it fixed cheaply?

Still make a good ale fridge.....mmmmm Scottish ales with w1728 love being fermented that low

The box on top can simply be lifted off and replaced it f you can find a new one. Giving you something awesome quite cheap.

Ebay will get you a new compressor unit for less than $100 aussies, if the rest of the lines leak then its a quick solder if they are accessible ?
Not a big ask for someone in the know.
Nev

Latest posts

Back