Fracking Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killspice

Reaction score
Argh, I hate cleaning bottles. I have a bunch of longnecks I inherited from my uncle in law but he hasn't looked after them so it is soak, scrub, rinse sanitise, seal, one by one.

:-(

Ah well, once they are done I can keep them up to standard but it is so tedious and I want to rant and I need my beer to ferment and bottle and condition and I want it now!

I wish I had got back into brewing a couple of months ago so I had something to drink, the cleaning would go much easier then.

A Keg would be nice too :)

Believe it or not, I find grolsch bottles more annoying than tallies. The brush just doesn't fit it all that well.

Grolsch = the back door sex of the the bottling world.

Fracture stimulation for CSG, SOG and Geothermal purposes can be a bit of a problem for some folks.

Yeah it was a bit OTT sorry, I feel better for it if that helps :)

For those that haven't watched battlestar galactica, fracking is their primary swear word, presumably to bypass US rating limitations and I tend to use that instead of **** in public.

why the hell does everyone seal the empty bottles?

seriously get 2 milkcrates angle one inside the other so the bottles wont fall over in the crate, when the crate is full store bottles upside down why waste your life doing unnecessary crap in 10 years ive never had a problem doing this ITS SO BLOODY SIMPLE

I seal with al foil as I have inherited bottles that did not fare well with time, hence the rant. I sometimes go for a while without using them and by the time I do I am glad they are clean and dust and bug free.

My missus would kill me if I had empty bottles sitting around for 10 years. She's fecking ruthless; If you haven't used it in 12 months she's trying to chuck it out. She doesn't haven't have keys to my shed thankfully.

I seal with al foil as I have inherited bottles that did not fare well with time, hence the rant. I sometimes go for a while without using them and by the time I do I am glad they are clean and dust and bug free.

Been doing the same. The mrs works in a lab and that's how they keep their bottles/flasks/whatever sanitised after the autoclave

I fill my bottles with a hot napisan solution. That shit'll get rid of a dead body in a week.

Scrubbing's for fools.

Either way, I don't think putting a bit of alfoil on some bottles vs balancing upturned bottles in milkcrates constitutes "wasting your life"

Back