Fox Craft Beer Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I very much doubt it.

Many craft breweries I know wont go near it.

There are much better places around the corner.

I will have 4 Degrees Pale and Summer Wheat pouring at the event.

The Fox are new to the craft beer scene and prepared to invest in an event.

Most beers will be more common craft beers from what I have seen. Also the ticketing looks reasonable.

See how it goes.

Priced pretty well... I'm just hugely sceptical about The Fox as it's usual patrons are idiot 18 year old blokes in pink singlets drinking a red cruiser.

Priced pretty well... I'm just hugely sceptical about The Fox as it's usual patrons are idiot 18 year old blokes in pink singlets drinking a red cruiser.
fair point but for me the more craft beer bars the better

I very much doubt it.

Many craft breweries I know wont go near it.

There are much better places around the corner.

Mmm, seems like they want a piece of cake like all the Big Boys?

Anyway, there are not nearly enough of these in Brisbane.

fair point but for me the more craft beer bars the better

True. Anywhere that gets your pale on tap does go up in my book. Pity I won't have a chance to check it out.

True. Anywhere that gets your pale on tap does go up in my book. Pity I won't have a chance to check it out.

Cheers mate.

Other breweries involved are:
2 Metre Tall from Tas
S&W
4 Pines
Blue Sky

and more

Cheers mate.

Other breweries involved are:
2 Metre Tall from Tas
S&W
4 Pines
Blue Sky

and more
Hmm...
Ticks for all five of these brews!!

Doubt I'll make it to the event, but glad to see better beer is starting to spread in this city.

As it's pissing down in SEQ right now thought I would share that The Fox have a massive tent now so all should be undercover and dry.

Sounds like a good day. I'll go for a look, might even sample a brew or 20

Sounds like a good day. I'll go for a look, might even sample a brew or 20

The festival is definately still on tomorrow.

The official Southbank celebrations are cancelled but beer will be flowing at The Fox and a short walk/bus/taxi over the bridge Scratch is open too.

Pity that all the "craft breweries" they advertised on the radio were,

little creatures
james squires
malt shovel
etc
didnt mention any that WSC has except S&W.

The boss asked me if I was going because he knows I am into beer. I didnt go into my rant I had in the car when I heard the radio line up.

Poor marketing for people interested in beer, great marketing for yobs.

Pity that all the "craft breweries" they advertised on the radio were,

little creatures
james squires
malt shovel
etc
didnt mention any that WSC has except S&W.

The boss asked me if I was going because he knows I am into beer. I didnt go into my rant I had in the car when I heard the radio line up.

Poor marketing for people interested in beer, great marketing for yobs.

It's a shame, think the smaller one's only came on late last week. The venue is still learning the ways of craft beer.

See what happens as all the taps are contracted but they say they 'are working something out'.

The way I see it as even if 95% of people don't get my beers at least I have got them in front of another 5% of people that might be converted to better beer.

Hopefully it will be a success, unfortunately family committments means only my beer will be there and not me....

It's a shame, think the smaller one's only came on late last week. The venue is still learning the ways of craft beer.

See what happens as all the taps are contracted but they say they 'are working something out'.

The way I see it as even if 95% of people don't get my beers at least I have got them in front of another 5% of people that might be converted to better beer.

Hopefully it will be a success, unfortunately family committments means only my beer will be there and not me....

Hey Wade, do you know if any reps from breweries will be there? Or is it just beers on taps? And your right, getting your beers out there is what matters. It would be good if their marketing supported the real micro/craft brewries instead of the big brewries.

Cheers Brad

Hey Wade, do you know if any reps from breweries will be there? Or is it just beers on taps? And your right, getting your beers out there is what matters. It would be good if their marketing supported the real micro/craft brewries instead of the big brewries.

Cheers Brad

The bigger boys probably paid for the ads!

I'm pretty sure a S&W rep and Little Creatures will be there, not sure about 4 Pines, the Squires guys is going too as is Matt K. I also think Blue Sky has a rep in Brissy. Also notice there is no Matilda Bay........

The left over kegs from the festival will be running via a portable bar at the fox from Friday all weekend until they are gone.

There's half a keg of my pale and nearly a full keg of the summer wheat.

Back