Four Pines Free Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yum beer

Not in the house, you've got a shed..
Reaction score
Just got an e-mail from For Pines, they have won best stout in a recent beer awards..bla.bla.bla,
anyway they have put on a keg of stout free to any members on their website.....\

may be some of you folk in the area this arvo who might be able to partake...dont imagine it will last long.

I am unfortunately 4 1/2 hours away.....someone have one for me...no **** it...have two.

Scored a six pack of this last week. One of the nicest stouts Ive tried. Not surprised they won an award for it.

Agree..
Its a great stout...Ive had a few of these now, becoming a favourite of mine. I enjoy the kolsch as well in summer.
Im in Brissie, so Ill just have to go to the local Dan's for a sixer.

Got one in the fridge ready for when I get home.
Had a pint of it at the AHB pubcrawl. I was pretty messy by then but from a hazy memory it was a good beer to finish on.

it's not a bad stout and i don't mind 4 pines but award winner? not sure i'd get that excited about it. yes it's roasty and dry but also kind of edgy and sour.

the green flash and bear republic stouts i got lately at camperdown cellars on the other hand....

Ah yes this little gem on the Manly Esplanade.

Interesting little setup. Don't do lagers and use dry yeast.... reckon their beers could do with a bit more ageing but otherwise top drop I reckon.

Scored a six pack of this last week. One of the nicest stouts Ive tried. Not surprised they won an award for it.
Yes, its a wonderful stout! Used it for the Christmas ham glaze and the ham never tasted better!
Good on you 4 Pines for the award! Well deserved!

Back