Former tenant red IPA - Modus Operandi

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moad said:
Fair call, didn't really occur to me!
Will post back if I have any luck
Did you ever get anywhere with this one? Tasted it for the first time yesterday and it may just be my new favourite aussie IPA.

All i have been able to identify so far is that the hops used are mosaic and galaxy.

I saw a quote from the brewer suggesting that if a beer judge saw the number of ibu's then they would say it wasn't an IPA but that the intense flavours covers for this.

Anyone feel like taking a stab at a grain bill for a ruby red ipa to 7.8%?

Been searching the interwebs but not much info out there. Reviews suggest strong malts adding caramel flavours. Don't recall picking up any rye. So maybe something like this.

Maris Otter 83%
Munich Light 12%
Crystal Light 3%
Roast Barley 1%
Carafa II 1%

Thoughts?

It's reasonably chewy, I'd guess at cranking up the crystal to medium, maybe some melanoidin malt

resurrecting this, did anyone try this? would love to make this my next brew, probably my favourite beer of 2016

Honestly I think this is a good beer and I would like to make it , having said that I would like it to be a little more well rounded, maybe a little less malt forward ......????

My club is planning a day trip to a number of Northern Beaches breweries. Maybe someone will be able to get more information and post back here.

Moad, check out the price of Former Tenant at the Prince Of Wales bottleshop. Best price around, while it lasts.

Les the Weizguy said:
My club is planning a day trip to a number of Northern Beaches breweries. Maybe someone will be able to get more information and post back here.

Moad, check out the price of Former Tenant at the Prince Of Wales bottleshop. Best price around, while it lasts.
Its a great beer but I do wonder how they justify the price

Les the Weizguy said:

$23 at the Prince where most other bottle shops are selling it for $35-40. I don't know how they can sell it so cheap!

Brownsworthy said:
$23 at the Prince where most other bottle shops are selling it for $35-40. I don't know how they can sell it so cheap!
Sssssshhhhhh! don't tell everyone that it's cheap, or that it's kept refrigerated from the moment it arrives.
I hope they still have cartons (or just one) left there on payday this week..

Brownsworthy said:
for a 4 pack?
thats crazy, as yeah its like $40 at warners

Killer Brew said:
Been searching the interwebs but not much info out there. Reviews suggest strong malts adding caramel flavours. Don't recall picking up any rye. So maybe something like this.

Maris Otter 83%
Munich Light 12%
Crystal Light 3%
Roast Barley 1%
Carafa II 1%

Thoughts?

From the website, the blurb states Grains - Pale, Caramalt, Dark Crystal, Munich, wheat, chocolate. Hops - Cascade, Mosaic, Galaxy

Here's the screenshot/snip that I had trouble posting yesterday.
From the Modus website:

Forrmer Tenant.png

Latest posts

Back