• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For sale - Tas. BIAB and kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spork

Reaction score
Hey brewers.
I haven't brewed for 12 months, so it's time to get rid of all my gear.
Prefer local buyer, but could post / freight smaller items at buyers expense.

Brewing:

40 litre concealed element Crown urn.
In very good, used condition. Clean, but not spotless. Has original tap and still has sight tube. Sight tube has been marked @ 2 litre intervals, and as a result is fragile, may need replacing or just blank off with a bolt in near future. Can include thermal cover made from windscreen sun-shade. Have a SS ball valve somewhere I will include if buyer wants it.
These are $274 new from Craft Brewer.

Grain bag. Can't remember if its the CB one or the G&G. Good quality, but stained. (I do like an oatmeal stout...).

Hop sock from CB. Large / XL size. You cpuld do a partial in this bad boy! Also stained. (Stout has hops too you know).

$150 the lot.

Fermenting:

Brew 'fridge - will fit 3 x 20l jerry cans in a squeeze, or 2 easily. Has "reptile warmer" cable to keep your yeast cozy, even in the Tassie winter. $50. Will throw in a temp controller. This is NOT wired professionally, I did it myself. I am NOT selling it. It could burn your house down or kill you. It cames with the 'fridge, do with it what you will.

Chest freezer. 150 litre, good condition. Fits 2 x 20 litre jerry cans, or one large round fermenter. Also has reptile heater to keep the temps just right. Can ferment in it, also great for crash chilling and dropping that yeast out. Clear, unfiltered beer! $150 Will throw in a temp controller. This is NOT wired professionally, I did it myself. I am NOT selling it. It could burn your house down or kill you. It cames with the freezer, do with it what you will.

Fermentors. 1 x coopers (25 litre?), another one (25 litre?) and 20 litre jerry cans. (plastic). All in need of a clean and sanitize. $50 the lot. Or buy the freezer or the urn and haggle.

Kegging:

4 x ball lock kegs, used but clean, all seals etc working. You know what these cost. Asking $65 each, or $220 the four.

Keezer: 150 litre chest freezer with collar to fit 4 x 19 litre kegs. Fitted with 3 tap font ($295 from CB) and 4 way manifold (Serve 3, carb one) with taps on each outlet. Fittings for ball-locks. Just hook up some gas and kegs and it's ready to go. $250. Will throw in a temp controller. This is NOT wired professionally, I did it myself. I am NOT selling it. It could burn your house down or kill you. It cames with the keezer, do with it what you will.

CO2. 9 litre bottle - these cost about $200 new. Is about %90 full. $150.
CO2. Small (not sure - bit I think it's 540g) aluminium cylinder for camping / partys - estimate 80% - 90% full - $100, and I'll throw in a picnic tap - a brumby with the curly line. $100
Micromatic 2 dial reg - $50 with either of the cylinders, or free if you buy both at listed price.

Grain:

2 x sacks of Maris Otter ("fresh") - $50 each.
Wheat malt, approx 1/2 sack - $25
Munich 1 - approx 1/2 sack - $25
JW trad ale - approx 15kg - $25
Caramalt - approx 1/2 sack - $25
Buy all the grain for $200 and I'll chuck in a bunch of hops. They are a year or so old, but have been vacuum sealed and kept in a freezer, so should be OK.

Other:

Millmaster Mini-mill. $150

Gravity filter. Not the super duper CB one, but it works. Makes cloudy beer clear and clear beer bright.*

Digital scales: 1g incriments, up to 7kg, great for measuring grain.*

Digital scales, 0.1g incriments. Super accurate, perfect for measuring hops etc. $50

Beer-line and misc fittings.*

1 dozen Coopers longnecks. (empty)*

Refractometer.*

"Brewputer" - old laptop (works fine on mains, battery rooted) with brewmate installed - great as a brew timer.*

* = best offer, or free if you buy some/all of the othet gear listed above.

I will probably find some more stuff to add to this.

Can do some pic's if really needed.

All prices are ONO.

Will do the whole kit and kaboodle for $1250.

That would get you creating recipies, measuring and milling your grain, brewing (BIAB) and fermenting (up to 80-100 litres at a time with full temperature control), kegging, and drinking your own beer, on tap, with no further purchase needed. There is enough base malt and hops for well over 15 kegs (30 cartons) of full strength beer, and enough specialty malt for probably four times that.
What are you waiting for!

Hey mate......heard you were getting out of it, too many bream to catch and release? I'll call dibs on the fridge, Munich and small gas cylinder and big scale. I'll get you on the phone anyway. And the reg too.

It won't let me edit OP to cross out sold items, sorry if this causes any confusion, as some have been sold via PM or 'phone calls.
So far (pending payment):
the Urn and bags are sold.
The fermentation fridge is sold.
The reg. and small gas bottle are sold.
The refractometer, large scales and munich are sold.

Still plenty of bargains to be had...

James - I tend to throw myself into my hobbies, and as you noted, fishing occupies my spare time these days. (We will catch up sooner or later to wet a line)

Add to that Lonny getting one of ther best craft beer bars in the country, and the availability of some amazing bottled (or growlered) craft beers both at the Saint John and Crown Cellars...

Hope to keep in touch with the friends I made through brewing (I am still drinking, any time you need a guinea pig) and want to thank everyone on AHB who helped me to make some pretty bloody good beers while I enjoyed doing that.

Who knows - I might get into it again some day, but for now the gear is sitting un-used, and the minister for war and finances would be much happier if it was gone (I still need that shed...).
I can buy a loy of fishing gear with the procedes of this sale.

The problem is work. It gets in the way. I've got a daiwa gen black rod sitting there that hasn't even been out of the house yet. And the poor hobie, unused and unloved.

Work is a serious obstruction to life mate, but I don't think I'd like being povo much either.

Wheat and 1 x bag MO sold pending.

Jeez admin - it's a bit of a PITA not being able to edit your own posts after a short time...

Thanks Nathan.
My loss - your gain.
Wanna buy a keezer??? ;)

I may come back to the hobby one day. It was fun, but a bit of a pain without a decent brew cave.
Next house will have a lot more shed and a lot less land. Maybe then I'll set up to brew again.
Meanwhile I'll be keeping my palate finely tuned, just in case.

Southern Brewers:
Alex. Tas will be picking up some stuff late next week and has kindly offered his services to transport goods south.
He won't have room for keezers / freezers, but reckons he will have space for smaller items - kegs, grain etc.
If you were thinking of buying something, but worried about the freight to Hobart, he can help you out - but it will cost you a bottle of your finest!
To save him having to carry other peoples $ around it would be best if you did the bank trasnfer thing instead.
Thanks Alex. Tas. :beerbang:

Kegs and large C02 sold pending payment.

Sale is going well. Not a lot left, but still a few goodies to be had:

Keezer: 150 litre chest freezer with collar to fit 4 x 19 litre kegs. Fitted with 3 tap font ($295 from CB) and 4 way manifold (Serve 3, carb one) with taps on each outlet. Fittings for ball-locks. Just hook up some gas and kegs and it's ready to go. $250. Will throw in a temp controller. This is NOT wired professionally, I did it myself. I am NOT selling it. It could burn your house down or kill you. It cames with the keezer, do with it what you will.

I may be willing to seperate this into:
Chest freezer (with colar and hole in lid) and the temp controller for $100 ono.
Craftbrewer 3 tap font with beer lines: Excellent condition, with 4 x beer out QD's - https://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=1116%C2 $195 ono.
Four way manifold (seperate tap on each outlet, gas lines, JG QD fittings x 4 and non-return valve) - The NRV cost $27, the ball-lock QD's are $54 (for four). Thats without the manifold! Cheap as @ $50

1 x sack of Maris Otter ("fresh") - $50.
JW trad ale - approx 15kg - $25
Caramalt - approx 1/2 sack - $25

Bunch of hops. A year or so old, but have been vacuum packed and kept in freezer. Should be OK - cost - a bottle or two of your finest.

JG fittings - 2 x "T" and a 2 way divider - can run 4 x kegs with these. Cost $9 each, sell for same price as the hops.

Manifold, JG fittings, hops and open bags of grain all spoken for.

1 x sack of MO, 3 tap font and chest freezer with collar and temp controller left.

Most gone now. Still one temperature controlled chesty with collar. Collar is insulated and painted white, front section has blackboard paint so you can write the current selection on it. Pickup only. Open to offers.
Also have the Craftbrewer 3 tap font. Comes with beerlines with JG QD's attached. Still have the original beer fittings too if needed. Always washed thoroughly after every keg, in excellent condition. Could post. Offers?

Back