• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

For Sale: Kegmaster Series 3 (MEL)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiesy

Illmatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd gauge interest - my Kegmaster kegerator Series 3 isn't quite working to the standard I'd like right now.
Turns on fine, compressor runs, but it's not getting as cold as I want - hovering around 10-degrees, according to digital thermostat.

So, I'm willing to part with it for $150, pick up.
Please note - does not include font, taps or regulator - it's just the fridge and accessories.
Other than the temp issue, it's in good condition with just one minor dent in the front panel.

Would probably suit someone who is handy in repairing or for a fermentation chamber.
Neither of which I am or need.

EDIT: pickup from Reservoir.

what do you thinks wrong with it ?

if it's leaking gas it is near impossible to fix in fridges nowadays pretty much = a stuffed fridge

Hi Spiesy, what is temp range settings on the controller?
I bought off gumtree an early model series 3 off gumtree and it wouldn't get below around 7 degrees. The temp settings from memory was 4 to 10 degrees, or something like that. Under advice from my LHBS, I replaced the conrol circuit board for around $30 with a range of -4 to 28 degrees. It hasn't skipped a beat since.

Maheel said:
what do you thinks wrong with it ?

if it's leaking gas it is near impossible to fix in fridges nowadays pretty much = a stuffed fridge
No idea mate. If I did, I'd prob be fixing it.

Wapehawi said:
Hi Spiesy, what is temp range settings on the controller?
I bought off gumtree an early model series 3 off gumtree and it wouldn't get below around 7 degrees. The temp settings from memory was 4 to 10 degrees, or something like that. Under advice from my LHBS, I replaced the conrol circuit board for around $30 with a range of -4 to 28 degrees. It hasn't skipped a beat since.
Hey mate, it's the older one that only gets down to around 4, not the one that goes down to the negatives.

It's three years old. It's not the control board, as it will no longer go down to 4, is just taking a long time to chill and struggling to hold a cold temp - I think come summer, it will be useless.

Again, someone more technically minded than me could fix it. Or it could make for a good ale fermentation chamber.

For anyone interested there is a modification available for the fridge.
You may fit a resistor of a certain value between the two wires on the temp probe and this will fix it, or do what I did and control it with an STC 1000.....cold as a "nuns nasty" :)

Latest posts

Back